Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Summer Writing Retreat at Denman College
    by Terry Edge at 14:00 on 10 June 2014
    I'm taking a writing retreat at Denman College in August. Denman is the perfect place for one: beautiful gardens, quiet old manor house with lots of nooks and crannies; and of course plenty of displacement opportunities! Not least the charming bar full of leather chairs and log fires (unlit in August, you'll be pleased to know). The price of the retreat also covers three great home-cooked meals a day and coffee/tea breaks.

For those of you who don't know, I've been a creative writing tutor and coach for 30 years, working with hundreds of writers in that time. I've put together a really interesting set of classes if you don't want to just write, and there'll be lots of time for one-to-one sessions.

Details at:

http://www.denman.org.uk/courses/summer-writing-retreat/13409

Terry

P.S. If you'd like more details on the classes, drop me a WWmail.
  • Re: Summer Writing Retreat at Denman College
    by Freebird at 14:11 on 10 June 2014
    Terry, it sounds like heaven :)

One day, when I don't have children to look after for 7 long weeks every summer, I'd love to do something like that. Hope you get plenty of people signing up
  • Re: Summer Writing Retreat at Denman College
    by Terry Edge at 14:46 on 10 June 2014
    Freebird,

Quite a few signed on even before the course description went up, so it looks like it's going be popular. This is the first retreat I've done at Denamn but I took a course there in February and was really inspired by the potential talent of the people who attended. I tend to work towards the release of creativity taking precedence over learning 'rules', since I've encountered a lot of writers over the years who seem to have become crippled by the fear of getting it wrong.