• Re: Hullo from a newcomer
    by Nik Perring at 12:21 on 11 May 2007
    I preferred Christopher Ecclestone as the Doctor

Noooooooooooo! I think DT's da man.

Another geek,

Nik.
    by debac at 14:09 on 11 May 2007
    Nik, he's too much like a kids' presenter. Very good at it, but I feel a bit too old...

Deb
    by MsHolmes at 14:53 on 11 May 2007
    Did you see DT playing Barty Crouch in Harry Potter though? Scary stuff. I have to admit liking him as the doctor, but then I'm a bit of a kid myself! Nice to meet you Nik, btw

Yep, I'm a programmer, although less of that and more beating other programmers with a stick lately. I'm a VB sort of a person, alongside weekly Java forays, and daily SQL torture. Sad, isn't it?

Heehee, this is going to be fun. I'm studying physics with the OU at the moment - just about to start my third L1 module (fourth if you count the one where my TMA died along with my PC and I didn't have enough time to redo it - retaking that one soon).
    What were your special interests? My course plan is heavily biased towards astronomy, cosmology and planetary science.

Do you like scrabble? It's one of my favourites, along with Scopa (Italian card game), trivial pursuit and Mah Jong.

Samantha x
    by Sappholit at 11:10 on 12 May 2007
    I only managed two free days before I felt compelled to pay up and get into the lounge.

Welcome!
    by debac at 01:45 on 17 May 2007
    Samantha, I love Trivial Pursuits, Scrabble, Othello, and that funny game with the coloured pegs (Mastermind), Chess, and everything like that... But generally no-one will play with me these days.

Deb
    by MsHolmes at 15:44 on 19 May 2007
    Trivial Pursuit is the best, we picked up our version at a local charity shop for a couple of quid. It's amazing. Published before either of us were born and consequently there are a lot of amusingly out of date answers. My personal favourite, though, was the following:

Q: What are you if your IQ is below 25?
    A: An idiot.

I swear I nearly fell of my chair laughing.

Mastermind was an absolute favourite when I was growing up, I used to play my Dad every weekend in between games of Admiral (sort of battleships type game, but with wood blocks).

If you live anywhere near London and fancy a match just give me a mail! We're usually found at our local of a weekend, enjoying fine wines (read: the house red) and trying to decide whether 'Chav' is acceptable in a scrabble game.

Samantha x
  • This 21 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2