Login   Sign Up 

• Is football cultured enough...
    by Account Closed at 23:20 on 21 May 2008
    What a game tonight! That was a fabulous Champions League Final.

Sarah
  • Re: Is football cultured enough...
    by Account Closed at 09:25 on 22 May 2008
    err ... obviously not for write worders then.
    by helen black at 11:13 on 22 May 2008
    We watched it!
    As Liverpool supporters we were torn between who we hated the most and decided that we would rather see our kids fall under a bus than watch Sir Alex give another 'we desrvered it' interview.
    Oh the joy when Ronaldo missed the penalty.
    But of course the buggers did it again. Hmmmmmm.
    HB x
    by caro55 at 11:37 on 22 May 2008
    I couldn't get to a telly so had to follow it on the Beeb's live text, which isn't quite the same level of excitement. Brilliant that Drogba got sent off and Ronaldo missed though - I can't stand either of them.

Shame Sir A will now be even more insufferable, but at least it wasn't Liverpool they beat.
    by susieangela at 15:44 on 22 May 2008
    Oh, I was clapping my hands and shrieking with joy when the goalie made that penalty save and MU won! I did feel sorry for John Terry, though.
    But culture? All that anger on the pitch? I understand that they're stressed,and young, but even so...
    Susiex
    by Account Closed at 16:26 on 22 May 2008
    I support Arsenal and, a bit like Helen, couldn't decide which team I wanted to win - hating them both really. BUT it was a fantastic game, a great spectacle and wonderful that Drogba got sent off. He was begging for it really - and so was Ballack!Five mins before the penalties, my husband said, Ronaldo's going to miss! I would feel for John Terry but seeing him say something nasty to Tevez who took the first, and seeing Tevez baulk a little as he headed towards the goal, I thought when Terry slipped, it was a little bit of Karma.

Susie, you have to let yourself go and enter the passion that is football!!

Sx
    by helen black at 19:01 on 22 May 2008
    Yes indeed, SB. I was at an under 9s tournament recently and it was hilarious to see a Guardian reading, organic tofu eating Dad shouting 'Who are ya?' at the opposing coach.
    HB x
    by Account Closed at 15:02 on 23 May 2008
    I'm afraid I've been known to shout vile insults at the referee which really isn't on, but I get very het up and 'emotional'.

Sarahx
    by optimist at 17:07 on 23 May 2008
    We folk in Hull are getting quite excited about a small local match coming up at Wembley tomorrow
    by Account Closed at 09:43 on 24 May 2008
    You folk in Hull nearly had me there shouting for you too - a good friend is from Hull and he's bringing his eighty year old Dad down to watch. I was really disappointed when I realised I was going to be in Wiltshire later today... but I will be watching - hoping it's on Sky - otherwise it's Radio Five Live.

Sarah
    by tinyclanger at 13:09 on 24 May 2008
    Ah, shocking anti-Red comments from bitter Liverpool fans! Admit it, Utd are the only team in the league (OK I'll allow the flimsy but beautifully spectoral Arsenal, too), who play football they way it should be played: yes, cultured, but also exciting, passionate, daring, attacking, skillfull, crazy. Poetic, dare I say....

Liverpool bored everyone to death - and submission - in the 70s and 80s and are still doing it today......oops, droped off there for a bit....
    Come on you Reds! Long live Sir Alex! Viva Sparky, Ole, Cantona, Ronaldo and Tevez....
    xx
    tc (grinning but ducking)

Oh and come on Hull! My birthplace.
    by caro55 at 18:16 on 24 May 2008
    Come on you Reds!

Why, thank you!

Oh... I see you don't mean the true Reds.

I dunno - I don't think it's their success or quality of football that makes people dislike Man U, more their whole attitude of cocky arrogance. You'd have to have a heart of stone not to laugh at Ronaldo getting the smug grin momentarily wiped off his face when his cheaty penalty-taking antics backfired.

Anyway, well done Hull!
    by optimist at 18:41 on 24 May 2008
    We won?

We won!

Wow!

Actually you wouldn't believe how quiet it is around here - I think the entire city has gone to Wembley.

Sarah

by Account Closed at 17:30 on 25 May 2008
    Brilliant for Hull but poor Leeds today - I felt really sorry for those weeping fans. Just terrible for them.

Sarah