Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Sunshine... the film
    by Account Closed at 19:46 on 03 June 2008
    I saw this the other evening - I loved it! I found the imagery so artistic and inspiring. The circle themes everywhere, the intensity of the sunlight and the terrible choices. Oh and a fabulous soundplay.

My partner was far less impressed. He seemed to think it was because I'd been drinking, and he hadn't. Anyone else seen it!

Sarah
  • Re: Sunshine... the film
    by Account Closed at 23:40 on 03 June 2008
    Hi

Yes, I have and I loved it too. A classy sci-fi film, where you're engaged with the both characters and the action, and it all feels very tense. It's Danny Boyle, who directed Trainspotting and 28 Days Later, aided by Alex Garland's script (of The Beach fame).

JB
  • Re: Sunshine... the film
    by Account Closed at 08:37 on 04 June 2008
    Yay! I'm not insane then, JB. I kept saying, it's Danny Boyle, and he kept saying... it's derivitive and I kept saying that's deliberate. I'm going to watch it again on my own tonight. I just think there were some amazing images which are still very clear in my mind - the dead girl sat like a buddah with the uprooted plantling; the final scenes where the light starts to filter through the walls and looks like angels. And so tense and exciting. It's good to see a GROWN UP film too, without trying pander to a wider aged audience.

Sarah