Login   Sign Up 

This 128 message thread spans 9 pages: 1  2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9  > >  
  • Divisive action on Big Brother
    by Cornelia at 09:41 on 15 July 2008
    Things were hotting up last night and there's sure to be trouble. Dividing the house-mates into have and have-not groups with resulant hostilities illustrated a good point about social unrest in general. I disagree with Rex that this will make the house-mates more honest, because they got on OK so long as there was no reason for them not to. Half of me thinks they deserve what they get for being so foolish as to elect Darnell.

The deterioration of the breakfast into a food-fight with the house-mates screaming and egging each other on was nightmarish. It's deteriorating into a Lord of the Flies scenario.

Sheila

• Re: Divisive action on Big Brother
    by Account Closed at 10:30 on 15 July 2008
    They did a similar thing a few series ago. Rebecca's reaction was hilarious. Sadly for Darnell, though, it means he'll definitely be up for eviction this week.

Reminds me of that Oprah show where she announced to the audience that research had shown people with brown eyes were more intelligent, (or was it the other way around) and it immediately divided the audience and became quite vitriolic.
    by Cornelia at 10:52 on 15 July 2008
    Yes, I remember classroom simulations designed to show group cohesion and divisions that were based on blue and brown eyed groups. The blind-folded/sighted pairings is a common trust-building exercise. It spectacularly didn't work with some of the housemates, who just abandoned those they were supposed to support. I remember one person saying to his 'partner' 'Oh, you'll manage by yourself, won't you?'

I wonder what George Brown would have thought of all the food-throwing when he's been on about not wasting it? It's a shame the cake turning out so badly, but hardly surprising if there wasn't enough flour. The poor cook got no credit for trying.

I don't like Darnell since he used 'bitches' as a term for women in general.I don't think the housemates were privy to that. Belinda asking, was it Luke, to agree that Boris Johnson has charisma - that put her not quite on the same level. As she lives in Devon I suspect it was a wind up.

Sheila
    by Account Closed at 12:02 on 15 July 2008
    Oh dear, i'm wrong again - SPOILER ALERT -
    Belinda and REx are up for eviction.

That cake was hilarious, Sheila. Even my cakes are better than that (and i have been known to slip in a 3rd sponge to a sandwich cake, just to make the height visible)
    by Cornelia at 12:22 on 15 July 2008
    Did Becks liken it to bits of dead 'penus'or was that just my hearing? It reminded me, when she sat there tearing it into pieces, of a yellow rubbery stuff that my dad used to eat in Lancashire, called 'elder'. It was cow's udder.

It's obvious that the ones forced to sleep in the same bedroom as Belinda will vote her out, which is a shame because she's not the worst. It was cruel of Rex to test out the sleeping-in-daytime alarm. Mikey's remarks about hairs in the inner ear being flattened could equally well apply to all the screaming that Becks generates. He has good reason to fear damage to his ears, of course, so is probably right.

Sheila

by Jem at 13:08 on 15 July 2008
    I think Mikey's a nasty piece of work. And I don't like the way he shouts all the time. He even shouts in the diary room!
    by Cornelia at 14:39 on 15 July 2008
    Maybe he has hearing problems. Did I read somewhere that when people have one disability they often have another as well?

Sheila
    by Jem at 14:46 on 15 July 2008
    He's always bitching and I was irritated by the way he told Rex to stop sleeping because Luke was ill and he needed peace and quiet. As if Rex was deliberately trying to fall asleep in order to irritate Luke, whereas the reality seemed to be that he'd been kept awake for most of the night. I mean, no one can set out to stay awake, if they're exhausted and sitting in a comfortable chair.

<Added>

I like Darnell - don't have a problem with that word 'bitches' since he probably hasn't ever heard it in any other context but the street one that he uses it in. He appears to be on eof the few to have some native intelligence. And I like how he speaks as he finds unlike Luke and Mikey who just bitch behind people's backs and smile at their faces.
    by susieangela at 19:00 on 15 July 2008
    I think Rex was deliberately falling asleep to irritate Mikey. And, of course, to get himself voted out. BTW, Darnell couldn't be up for eviction - he had immunity as Head of House.
    I'm sure BBB will be voted out on Friday. Which will really upset Rex - again.
    Susiex
    by Jem at 19:45 on 15 July 2008
    Maybe, susie - I missed that bit, But wouldn't you go out of your way to irritate Mikey? I know I would.
    by susieangela at 19:48 on 15 July 2008
    I can't say I particularly like him. Or Rex, though he makes me laugh. I'm LOVING Luke and Bex's 'romance' - You want me, Luke / Bex, I really don't / You really want me / I really hate you, Bex etc etc etc
    Do they or don't they? Will they or won't they?
    Susiex
    by Jem at 20:10 on 15 July 2008
    Hirarious!
    by susieangela at 20:23 on 15 July 2008
    Happy, Happy How!
    Susiex
    by Cornelia at 21:04 on 15 July 2008
    I assumed Luke was gay!!

Sheila
    by susieangela at 21:07 on 15 July 2008
    Apparently he's been dating someone for 2 months before coming into BB.
    Don't you love the Hell/Heaven house? Mind you, the promise that BB would be 'zero tolerance' isn't really true, is it? They've been much nastier in the past.
    Susiex
  • This 128 message thread spans 9 pages: 1  2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9  > >