Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

This 128 message thread spans 9 pages:  < <   1   2   3   4   5  6  7   8   9  > >  
  • Re: Divisive action on Big Brother
    by susieangela at 13:34 on 03 August 2008
    Sheila, Brian Dowling won (I think) a few years ago and went on to have quite a successful career in children's tv. He seems to have disappeared off the radar recently, though.
    Jem, Stuart is quite an innocent and very sensitive isn't he? I like Sara - she cracks me up!
    Susiex
    by Jem at 14:18 on 03 August 2008
    Her accent's a hoot!
    by Cornelia at 11:01 on 04 August 2008
    I looked Brian Dowling up on Google. I didn't watch th4e BB series he won. He was apparently the first gay presenter of a children's programme on TV.

Sheila
    by Account Closed at 13:48 on 04 August 2008
    I love Lisa - i mean, how many other women could punch a handle off a firedoor?? And then disappear, have her paddy, calm down, recentre and come back.
    It's gotta be Lisa to win

x
    by Jem at 15:16 on 04 August 2008
    He was apparently the first gay presenter of a children's programme on TV.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to prove that one, Sheila!

Lisa was hirarious! Wouldn't you just like to slap Rex's girlfriend. All that "I'm very high maintenance" stuff. It's clear to me she can't stand him.
    by Cornelia at 18:29 on 04 August 2008
    Dowling went on to present SMTV Live, becoming the first openly gay children's television presenter.

I read this on Wikipedia, Jem, which I know isn't top-notch for reliability. It fits with my initial impression of Luke.

Sheila

by Jem at 20:56 on 04 August 2008
    Sheila, I was just disputing that he was the first gay one. That would definitely be hard to prove! You didn't say 'openly gay' in your first post, that's all and I was under the impression from the ones I've had to watch over the years that loads of them were. Andi Peters is one who springs to mind.
    by susieangela at 21:09 on 04 August 2008
    This thread is becoming circuituous - began with 'is Luke gay?' and is now back where it started!
    Susiex
    by Account Closed at 10:05 on 05 August 2008
    I think Lisa would be a great gay icon - there's something very camp about her when she's all dolled up and yet looking so macho.
    by Jem at 10:23 on 05 August 2008
    Yes, there is, isn't there? I'm sure Dale though she was a man at the beginning. Or was it Mo? Mind you, he looks like a girl with his moobs.
    by Jem at 22:05 on 07 August 2008
    Nicole. What a princess! Is Rex about to learn a lesson and grow up?
    by susieangela at 22:10 on 07 August 2008
    I doubt it. He's being really, really unpleasant with her. They seem to bring out the worst in each other. Mind you, how appalling must it feel to be stuck there together and be unable to have a really good row without everyone else hearing? Yuk.
    Susiex

<Added>

But wasn't the Japanese puppet ping-pong BRILLIANT!!!
    by Jem at 10:31 on 08 August 2008
    Susie, I don't think he's being unpleasant with her at all. He's obviously used to running round her and she is used to him doing that and the rest of the world too. I think you're right, though and he won't learn from it. I can't believe how shallow that girl is. She has absolutely zilch amount of self-awareness. When she was moaning to Kat about Rex, Kat was trying to explain how they all felt having been 'locked up' so long. It was an opportunity for Nicole to give some support back to Kat, who clearly needs it but will never ask for it. Instead she steam-rollered the conversation back to her favourite topic - NICOLE. I can't tell you how much I loathe that girl and all girls like her. They give our sex a really bad name!
    by susieangela at 11:39 on 08 August 2008
    It takes two to tango, and Rex is, in my opinion, not helping. He may not be aware of the way he's behaving, but he continually wants to touch her and kiss her, and if she doesn't want that, he makes a big issue of it and keeps interrogating her. I don't like Nicole much either - but I think they are just discovering the huge glitches in their relationship, thanks to BB.
    Susiex
    by Jem at 13:07 on 08 August 2008
    I guess no man likes to be repelled like that. I just read it that he interprets her 'froideur' as her not wanting him and now, even if she says it's not him it's the suitcase he doesn't know whether to believe her or not. He is obviously besotted by her - or WAS!
  • This 128 message thread spans 9 pages:  < <   1   2   3   4   5  6  7   8   9  > >