Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

This 128 message thread spans 9 pages:  < <   1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  > >  
  • Re: Divisive action on Big Brother
    by Jem at 09:28 on 26 August 2008
    This thread's gone a bit quiet so I thought I'd just ask if anyone saw Mario's cheesy proposal last night?
    by susieangela at 09:54 on 26 August 2008
    Oooh, yes. Apparently he and Lisa have been on loads of reality shows before - she's been on Gladiators and he's been on Deal or No Deal and various others. It was cheesy, but I think they genuinely do love each other. Wondering how they'll manage the evictions this week. I'm finding this year's show much more...enigmatic than previous ones. Just can't make out Rex at all. And there's quite a lot of verbal cruelty which I've never heard the like of before, recently towards Sara from the boys. This year it's really difficult to guess who will win, though I wouldn't be surprised if Kat, Mikey and Rex ended up in the final.
    Susiex
    by Jem at 11:17 on 26 August 2008
    Yes, Rex is an odd sod, isn't he? Fun loving again now the girlfriend's gone. And I wonder about Sarah. Was she the school bike, I wonder? She does seem to be prepared to take any amount of bad behaviour from the boys just so she can be their friend.
    by Account Closed at 13:28 on 26 August 2008
    Yeh, the men are horrible to Sarah, aren't they? And she takes it? They don't treat her with any respect.

I can't work Rex out either. I think they edit him to show his very worst bits because (apart from Mikey) everyone really seems to like him. I felt a bit sorry for him at the table, actually, with everyone singing 'I swear' - it would have done my head in without copious amounts of alcohol

His comments to Sarah are beyond the pale though, downright nasty.

Aren't Mo's farts awful

x
    by Jem at 16:34 on 26 August 2008
    You said it!
    by susieangela at 23:30 on 26 August 2008
    Having watched tonight's edition, I feel quite horrified at what Darnell is doing to Sara. It's actually a form of sexual harrassment or at the very least bullying to call her those things. How come it's wrong for Dennis to spit at someone, yet it's acceptable for Darnell to call Sara a slut? This whole 'only joking' thing is also disturbing - because they clearly aren't.
    Susiex
    by Jem at 11:45 on 27 August 2008
    Really? Did he call her that? I went out last night so missed it. See, this is what I think about Sarah - she doesn't seem to have much self-esteem. None of the girls seem very strong in the house. They put up with all manner of rude and offensive behaviour. Even Lisa, who, as an older woman you'd think would take a stand, seems unable to see beyond the superficial. I saw a bit - may have been this morning - when they were discussing whther Sarah was beautiful or not. Darnell - he of the rippling muscles and chiselled jaw (not) - slagged of her figure and Lisa, instead of saying 'what the fuck qualifies a dog like you to pass judgement on another person's physical appearance?' just said something like, well, okay she may not have a bust but she's got a lovely face.

Grrrr!!!! I just wish those girls would be a bit more sisterly and assertive but I've been hoping against hope for that all season and I can't see it happening now since it ends a week Friday.
    by susieangela at 13:16 on 27 August 2008
    Yes, he called her that. Together with 'ugly b***h'. I'm very surprised that BB is allowing this to take place.
    I think it's impossible to know how it must be, shut inside that house for months. The people you're with must assume all the importance of a surrogate family and you must feel so vulnerable and terrified of being left out - and of course, there's no getting away from them. So I think people try to keep friendships going at all costs, even to their own detriment, which is what Sara's doing. And it's like a weird paradox in there - it's 'we've got to all get on together' and 'every person for themselves' at the same time vis-a-vis winning it. It's a strange house this year - there seems to be a lot of caring and a lot of uncaring going on at once.
    Susiex
    by Jem at 22:07 on 29 August 2008
    Glad to see the back of Lisa. She could have defended Sara but has done nothing. Just sat and listened to Rex bullying her while she put on her make up. Thick as shit that one.
    by susieangela at 22:31 on 29 August 2008
    Aw, I was quite sorry to see her go. Didn't want either her or Sara to be evicted. If I were voting, it would be Mo. And Kat's beginning to piss me off a bit too.
    Susiex
    by Jem at 22:44 on 29 August 2008
    I just think Lisa is completely lacking in empathy. Mo should go, agreed and Kat irritating too because she can't seem to see what's in front of her nose - about Rex, I mean.
    by Sharon24 at 13:52 on 30 August 2008
    I was glad Sara stayed - I really like her and I agree that Lisa should have been showing a little solidarity with her. As a nearly 40 year old I would have put Rex firmly in his place, told Mo to shut the fuck up until he had something worthwhile to say and advised Darnell to get over himself. Mikey was the only one to speak up.

I'd like to see Mo and Kat go in the double eviction on Tuesday.

And I'd like to see:

3rd: Rex or Darnell
    2nd: Mikey
    1st: Sara.

I think Rex being 3rd would really piss him off - so close to being a winner but oh, such a LOSER.

IF BB IS ON NEXT YEAR I AM NOT WATCHING IT. I didn't last year and have no idea as to why I got into it this year though I could argue that as a character study it's thrilling.
    by Jem at 14:14 on 30 August 2008
    I agree with your placing, Sharon, though I don't like Mikey. I'm afraid I find it difficult to get beyond the pitch of his voice and his accent, but am prepared to believe this is more my propblem than his. You know, I think Rex could turn into a wife beater. The way he justifies himself. As if the question 'How would you feel if Darnell left?' really means 'Tell me how you'd feel if he left.' Of course it means, "If he left it would be your fault!"

I'm not going to watch it again either. (Ha Ha)
    by Account Closed at 18:26 on 30 August 2008
    What you've got to ask yourselves, though, is why does everyone, apart from Mikey, like Rex? I'd suggest it's something to do with the editing and he's no different to putting Gordon Ramsay in the house - he's a chef, used to bossing people about.

Yeh, he's got unpleasant traits, but i reckon he's basically a good guy and BB has concentrated on showing his nasty bits.

I'm sorry Lisa's gone - as she said, Sarah can stick up for herself.

Mikey or Rex to win.

by Jem at 12:25 on 31 August 2008
    Casey, I think they're frightened of him. SO the safest thing to do is to protect themselves by staying on his good side.
  • This 128 message thread spans 9 pages:  < <   1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  > >