Login   Sign Up 

• Cloverfield
    by Steerpike`s sister at 20:54 on 24 October 2008
    I just watched this on DVD (I know I'm late) and it blew me away. I spent the first 45 minutes screaming along with the characters "Oh sh&t!" "What is that thing?!" "It's CLIMBING up the BUILDING!!!" etc. It got slightly samey towards the end, but on the whole I thought it was excellent, and a really interesting example of how the news media can affect films. Basically, it's now more impressive and gripping to see the monster just in glimpses, and focus on the shock and terror of the people, because that reminds the viewer of real catastrophes (such as, but not limited to, 9/11). I watched I am Legend and Jumpers the other night and thought they were both disappointing, this was a welcome gem!
  • Re: Cloverfield
    by Account Closed at 19:29 on 26 October 2008
    I had to switch off after 30 mins, it made me feel sea-sick - really, i was sooooo disappointed and wanted to keep watching but, well, it was that or throw up over my popcorn.

I liked I Am Legend, but then i pretty much like anything with Will Smith.

x
    by CarolineSG at 21:23 on 26 October 2008
    I thought it was fab. Almost never watch that kind of thing (being a wuss of the very highest order) but I loved Cloverfield too.
    by nessiec at 13:04 on 27 October 2008
    I spent most of it laughing, so I think the horror thing was a bit lost on me. I tend to like more suggestive horror films, where you don't actually see anything at all but it's kind of implied.
    by Account Closed at 13:14 on 28 October 2008
    will look out for this next.