Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Gavin and Stacey
    by Jem at 16:03 on 11 December 2009
    Anyone watching series 3? It's certainly got its mojo back and then some, I think. Rob Brydon as Uncle Bryn played an absolute blinder last night. Best line, after being asked if he wanted to join the lads in Cardiff: "I'd much rather wait in for you young men to come home, all boozed up and disorientated, not knowing what's what and who's who." ABsolutely loving it. Tidy!
  • Re: Gavin and Stacey
    by CarolineSG at 16:15 on 11 December 2009
    First one completely lost its sparkle and sweetness for me. Gave up after episode one of new series!
    by Jem at 16:20 on 11 December 2009
    I agree. But episode 2 was better and last night's was better again. Perhaps you can be reconverted by watching it again on I-player?
    by saturday at 16:24 on 11 December 2009
    I agree, Caroline, I thought the first one completely lost its sweetness. However, I have stuck with it for old times' sake. Last week was a bit better but am still on the fence. Haven't watched yesterday's yet - it is recorded and ready to go - good Friday night tv hopefully. I will pair it with Miranda, is anyone else watching this? It actually makes me laugh out loud.

<Added>

ooh, crossed with you, Jem. That's good that it's getting better. Will deffo watch it tonight.
    by CarolineSG at 16:35 on 11 December 2009
    Nah, they've lost me

Saturday, you're the third person to say that to me about Miranda this week! Must check it out..
    by Jem at 16:50 on 11 December 2009
    I like her but I don't really like the show much. Too much falling over.
    by MF at 08:30 on 12 December 2009
    We know her cousin - a very proper, quiet Classics teacher. The family get-togethers must be a hoot!

Agree about there being a bit too much falling over, but there have been some good laughs so far - it's nice to see a slightly different format, too.

We're also big G&S fans over here. Partly because the b/f grew up in Wales, but also because the supporting cast is so brill (I'm not especially keen on either G or S, but Uncle Bryn, Nessa, and Alison Steadman make the show...)
    by Jem at 09:33 on 12 December 2009
    I also have the Welsh connection, Trilby - through my Dad. I used to go and stay with my aunty and cousins in the summer and we used to go to Barry on day trips! I also agree about the minor characters. Uncle Bryn and Pame-lar are the stars for me! His performance of repressed homosexuality the other night was a master class. He was also fronting a comedy stand up show last night and was brilliant.
    by Brady at 09:34 on 12 December 2009
    I've never seen it but have ordered the box set for Christmas

Jo
    by Jem at 10:15 on 12 December 2009
    You're in for a treat, Jo. Presumably it's all the 3 series together?
    by Brady at 10:19 on 12 December 2009
    Yes, Jem, it's all three. I'll have to pace myself Shame Mad Men Series 3 isn't available on DVD yet.

Jo