Login   Sign Up 

This 88 message thread spans 6 pages:  < <   1  2  3   4   5   6  > >  
  • Re: Dr Who
    by Jem at 11:54 on 07 April 2010
    Apparently the two girls are real life cousins. You couldn't have a little girl as a travelling companion these days, though, could you? Suspicious minds etc.
    by Katie Mayes at 17:00 on 07 April 2010
    Loved it, loved it, loved it...so much so that I watched it again straight after on iPlayer!

While DT was very good, I got a bit bored of the whole flirty stuff with him and Rose as I thought this sort of will they/won't they thing wasn't really suited to Dr Who as that's not what the show should be about (or Captain Jack's obvious crush on the Doctor - a bit cringy at times!)

I think that although MS has got some very big shoes to fill, I think if he's given a chance he will grow into the role and make his own mark on the character.

Looking forward to more!

Katie x
    by optimist at 10:43 on 12 April 2010
    Loved the second episode

Sarah
    by Account Closed at 14:23 on 12 April 2010
    I thought it was ok. A bit of a let down after the first episode as it did come across as a little 'everything the same'. I was hoping for an overall, cohesive storyline this time around rather than seperately written episodes. Some of which are a little dodgy. Why do these writers keep avoiding the quest for the Key to Time? Still, it wasn't bad, just not particularly special, imo. And I see we're already back to Daleks. Hmmm.

JB
    by optimist at 16:36 on 12 April 2010
    I like daleks

Sarah

<Added>

Oddly enough I was just thinking about how stories used to run to 4 parts way back when...
    by hopper2607 at 17:21 on 12 April 2010
    No Dr Who expert, or die-hard fan, but I've enjoyed the darker sides to the 2 episodes so far.

Did Steven Moffatt write the episode with the boy in the gas mask? - that's one I've never forgotten.

Thought the second was a little 'flat' compared to the first. Can't say exactly what it was, but it lacked a certain zinginess. Still, proper drama on Saturday night - no complaints about that.

Andy
    by Account Closed at 20:58 on 12 April 2010
    I like Daleks too, but I'm a little wary of the fact that they're turning up in episode 3 of a new series, new doctor.

JB

by optimist at 21:17 on 12 April 2010
    Get the daleks in early then move on? You have to have daleks?

Sarah
    by Account Closed at 22:57 on 12 April 2010
    We shall reserve our withering opinion until Saturday

JB
    by barjoker at 16:56 on 13 April 2010
    Apparently (according to the boys in my family) it's a time-honoured format for all Doctor Who series - first ep introduces the companion, second ep is Future Earth, third ep is historical, next ep is usually a Dalek or similar, so historical + Dalek is a bonus. (Daleks rock.)

Wasn't blown away by the 2nd ep story, but I did like the Doctor's flash of temper ("Humans have nothing to say to me today!") - MS seems to be a grower, as correctly predicted here...
    by Katie Mayes at 21:28 on 13 April 2010
    Humans have nothing to say to me today!

Agreed! Best line I've heard in a long time.

Ep 2 was a bit on the flat side and I enjoyed the BBC3 Confidential more but it can only get better.

Did Steven Moffatt write the episode with the boy in the gas mask? - that's one I've never forgotten.

Not sure if he did this one but he definately did "Blink" which was a fave of mine.

...not that I'm a big Dr Who nerdy fan or anything! (yah right!)

Katie x
    by shellgrip at 12:20 on 14 April 2010
    I have to say I was prepared to be disappointed, Smith seemed far too young to play the Doctor and following Tennant was going to be very difficult. However, I've been pleasantly surprised and really quite like him. He's perhaps a little too like Tennant in his delivery, but that could be deliberate as ISTR that 'new' doctors have occasionally kept elements of their previous incarnation when newly regenerated.

I didn't have a big problem with Pond being a 'kiss-a-gram'. Everyone's got to be something and we may well find that there are reasons for this job that are described as we get to know the character.

I have no reason to think that the pool wasn't real. The TARDIS has traditionally had hundreds, if not thousands, of rooms. This for me is one of the key disappointments of the new series'. I used to enjoy the episodes (mostly the Pertwee years I think) where we saw other rooms.

Jon
    by Account Closed at 14:23 on 14 April 2010
    I agree about the rooms. One old episoode (Baker or Davidson, I forget) had the Doctor and his assistant get lost inside the Tardis, and they had to use lipstick on the walls to find their way back to the control room. They also came across monsters living in the Tardis. Brilliant.

JB
    by debac at 14:43 on 14 April 2010
    I believe (not 100% certain) Stephen Moffat did write the boy in gas mask story, yes. And the weeping angel statues. The creepy ones, basically, which are my favourites.

I don't like Daleks - boring!!!

Someone sent me on DVD the old storyline from Pertwee days of The Green Death (which I always called the green slime), and it ran to six parts. I don't care how many parts, really, so long as it's good.

Deb
    by Katerina at 14:26 on 25 April 2010
    Just watched the latest episode - euw those weeping angels are scary!

I still don't like Matt Smith as Dr Who - he just doesn't do it for me I'm afraid and looks about twelve years old.

Not keen on Alice Pond or whatever her name is either.
  • This 88 message thread spans 6 pages:  < <   1  2  3   4   5   6  > >