Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• "Morgana" on Channel Four...
    by funnyvalentine at 17:30 on 02 December 2010
    ...last night. Not sure if it really counts as culture, but my word, I laughed so hard I nearly fell off the sofa. Did anyone else catch it?

I think Gilbert might be world famous one day.
  • Re:
    by chris2 at 19:13 on 02 December 2010
    There were some hilarious moments, but there were also stretches where I felt they were having to push the material too hard. Still, these series have to settle in and there are definitely two real talents on show. I'll give it a chance to get going.

Chris
  • Re:
    by funnyvalentine at 07:40 on 03 December 2010
    Yes - I know what you mean. The ageing filmstar one and the tv presenters went on too much, and rather too much relying on the 'f' word, but thought X factor and Gilbert inspired. I also loved Lady Gaga riding around on the lawnmower!
  • Re:
    by Terry Edge at 11:29 on 03 December 2010
    Lady Gaga on a lawnmower did make me laugh out loud. But unfortunately it just highlighted how utterly bereft of imagination and humour the rest of the show was. The opening sketch with Boris Johnson in a school debate was just boring and her impersonation was neither accurate nor satirical, just the kind of vague toff-noises a ten year old would make if asked to do Boris. I won't be watching it again; can't see the point in spending time on something that you can think of funnier lines for even on the spot.

I mean, the Impressions Show is not exactly ground-breaking but at least it a) has good impressions, and b) occasionally nails its targets, e.g. Simon Cowell getting married, asked to say, "I do," but instead says, "I don't . . . . . [long dramatic pause] . . . think you're going to be disappointed with my answer," and so on, until his bride to be gets fed up and walks away.

Terry