Login   Sign Up 

• Sally Nicholl`s Ways to Live For Ever: the movie
    by EmmaD at 22:51 on 30 April 2011
    Was so, so good - although I'm glad I went not wearing mascara. Wonderful performances from Ben Chaplin and Emilia Fox as Sam's parents, and Sam was terrific too. It was a very restrained script, I thought: lots of places where it could have got very sentimental or too grim or gruesome, and it always managed not to. My daughter knows the book very well indeed, and she loved the film too...

Congratulations Sally! Here's hoping it does really well - it does deserve to.

Emma
  • Re: Sally Nicholl`s Ways to Live For Ever: the movie
    by Shika at 13:29 on 01 May 2011
    Ach, I knew it would be good. Unfortunately, it was too too late for us to get there and back then prepare for a school trip for next week. (My daughter was gutted with my decision but it would have been too much).I hope it gets a wide release. Well done, Sally. S
  • Re: Sally Nicholl`s Ways to Live For Ever: the movie
    by EmmaD at 16:08 on 01 May 2011
    Shika was a shame not to see you, but maybe it was just as well, as they probably wouldn't have let your daughter in - it had an 18 certificate for this showing, purely, Sally said, because it hasn't had a chance to be certified properly yet - she thinks it'll be a 12A, which makes sense to me. The core idea, of course, is a tough one, but it's very delicately done and in that sense would be suitable for someone a good deal younger.

Emma