Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Sugar and Snails now published
    by Annecdotist at 17:18 on 12 August 2015
     Hurrah! My debut novel was published on 23  July  by Inspired Quill and is generating some enthusiastic reviews
    http://annegoodwin.weebly.com/reviews.html
     Thanks everyone for your support of my two years of membership.
     Here's the  blurb:
    The past lingers on, etched beneath our skin ...
    At fifteen, Diana Dodsworth took the opportunity to radically alter the trajectory of her life, and escape the constraints of her small-town existence. Thirty years on, she can’t help scratching at her teenage decision like a scabbed wound.
    To safeguard her secret, she’s kept other people at a distance ... until Simon Jenkins sweeps in on a cloud of promise and possibility. But his work is taking him to Cairo, and he expects Di to fly out for a visit. She daren’t return to the city that changed her life; nor can she tell Simon the reason why.
    Sugar and Snails takes the reader on a poignant journey from Diana’s misfit childhood, through tortured adolescence to a triumphant mid-life coming-of-age that challenges preconceptions about bridging the gap between who we are and who we feel we ought to be. 
      If you do read it, please let me know what you think!

• Re: Sugar and Snails now published
    by TassieDevil at 17:23 on 12 August 2015
    Fantastic news Anne,
    Many congratulations on your well deserved achievement. You must be so proud.
    Alan
    by Jennifer1976 at 09:05 on 13 August 2015
    That's great news, Anne. I've just had a look at it on Amazon and it looks really good. smiley yes
    by a.m.edge at 10:01 on 13 August 2015
    Well done Anne. Great cover too.
    by Annecdotist at 11:37 on 13 August 2015
    Thanks all – I love the cover but unfortunately can't take any credit for that!
    by Annecdotist at 10:25 on 14 October 2015
    Just to add, for any of you on Goodreads, there's a giveaway for this book until Friday 16 October (sorry, not much notice)