Login   Sign Up 

• Just starting to write? New group for beginners
    by Anna Reynolds at 14:23 on 20 June 2003
    Having trouble starting a story or other piece of writing? Shy about putting your work out on the public areas of the site? We at WriteWords understand. So we're starting an exclusive little group specially for beginners, which will focus on exercises and ways to get your writing kick-started.

I will host the group and we will be limiting it to 5 members at any one time. I will post an exercise for group members to work on during the month, and give you ideas and suggestions.

As with any other group, you can allow only group members to view the work by selecting 'Group Only' when you upload the work.

Coming on-site very, very soon.
  • Re: Just starting to write? New group for beginners
    by david bruce at 14:51 on 20 June 2003
    Coming very soon... is that soon enough! The Beginners Group is now live. If you're interested in joining, head over to the Groups home page and click the link to Beginners Group.
    by Account Closed at 14:59 on 20 June 2003
    Do I class as a beginner, having only been writing for a few months?
    by Anna Reynolds at 15:03 on 20 June 2003
    I think it's more about if you're feeling blocked, stuck, needing some kick-starts- you can suck it and see. One school of thinking about 'beginners' is that as writers we are all beginners, or at least always learning, always flexing those muscles.