Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

This 22 message thread spans 2 pages: 1  2  > >  
  • Addiction
    by noddy at 15:17 on 24 June 2003
    Anybody else suffered from addiction to this site ? It's quite scary... I didn't think I was an addictive character, but this site keeps me coming back - keeping an eye on who's written what, commenting where I can, and seeing if anybody's commented on my stuff. It's certainly a testament to those who operate and contribute !
    Anybody share my situation ?
  • Re: Addiction
    by olebut at 16:44 on 24 June 2003
    Because I am at home all day and spend quiet a lot of time on the computer anywya I tend to pop in to this iste and two others oon a reasonably regular basis, it is good to read the new work even if i dont comment

adicted dont be daft sorry have to rush somebody may have pposted something new and I dont want to miss it
    by Nell at 17:02 on 24 June 2003
    Oh yes! It's early days yet - I only became a full member today after joining as a part member on the 21st, but already I can see that that I'm going to have to be firm with myself and ration my time here.

I'm working on the 'puter anyway - trying to master the layout system on Photoshop in order to print a mock-up of The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam - having completed over thirty illustrations and twenty decorations it would be good to have something to submit to a publisher.

I work at it for a while then pop in here to see if anyone's commented on my latest offering.

Maybe what we need is a seven point programme!
    by Hilary Custance at 17:06 on 24 June 2003
    Yes, me too, but recovering. I only have good access at work (when I should be working) and only on my husband's computer (no printer) at home. I miss many things I would probably enjoy and it is all too big to keep track of now. I just fly in, fly out and comment if something catches my eye. I would like to me more consistent. I guess the cure is to stop writing or reading but...

Ah well - back to work - The Sustained Attention to Response Test. Cheers, Hilary
    by Becca at 22:28 on 24 June 2003
    Yes, I think so. I should ration it to the evenings only, I get annoyed with myself when I'm here in the mornings when I should be doing my own stuff. Evenings are good though, there's bugger all on TV.
    by Anna Reynolds at 22:41 on 24 June 2003
    Yes, but listen- most addictions are really, really bad for you. Drink...drugs...cigs...other Bad Things. Being addicted to writing and talking about writing is, repeat after me, A Good Thing. Do we need to set up a W A (Writers Anonymous) group? Or should that be WWA?
    by olebut at 22:45 on 24 June 2003
    Anna

if there were to be a writers anonymous group shouldn't it be be called the pseudonym group?
    by noddy at 23:22 on 24 June 2003
    My name's Noddy, and I'm a...
    writer.
    (Well sort of, if I can ever drag myself away from these forums).
    by noddy at 23:24 on 24 June 2003
    By the way, very droll Mr Olebut ;->
    by Becca at 07:48 on 25 June 2003
    We could 'share' stories of our secret cravings with each other in a controlled and safe environment with a counsellor who made a lot of encouraging facial expressions.
    by olebut at 09:55 on 25 June 2003
    and who will charge great sums of money to listen and make those reassuring noises oh thinking quickly on his feet if naybody has these sort of problems my rates are reasonable and I of course will be extremely discreet
    by Becca at 10:25 on 25 June 2003
    Yes.
    by david bruce at 11:06 on 25 June 2003
    We'll by happy to open up a pay by the minute forum for counselling if anyone's interested.

Seriously though, Anna, myself and Richard have had people mailing us since day one complaining of addiction. We think one of the main reasons is that the writing on the site is of such an incredibly high standard that it's a real pleasure to browse the stories and poems in the archive, and then participate in the comments and forums with a bunch of people who, by some miracle are 99% warm, friendly, supportive, constructive and dare I say it - intelligent. But then I'm hooked too..
    by olebut at 11:43 on 25 June 2003
    Hold on David it was I who spotted the commercial edge to this but I am sure we can come to some amicable financial compromise.
    by david bruce at 11:54 on 25 June 2003
    <olebut's memership accidentally gets revoked an he is never heard from again.>
  • This 22 message thread spans 2 pages: 1  2  > >