Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• What do you want to see on this site?
    by Anna Reynolds at 23:29 on 14 April 2003
    As a Writewords co-founder, I'd like to know what people want to see on this site- names for interview, for example, or special features. We have lots of ideas and several exciting things planned, but in the meantime, do post ideas here.
  • Re: What do you want to see on this site?
    by Account Closed at 16:42 on 16 April 2003
    Call me unimaginative, but I can't think of much right now!

I'm happy with the idea of getting some feedback on the few bits of short work I've uploaded, and am willing to take any advice on offer on how to work on things with a view to maybe one day being able to make a little money out of writing things.

So long as people are actually out to give constructive criticism, and offer their work up for similar critique then half the work is done. If people then hang around to help each other work on their faults and weaknesses, then things should fall into place. Everything else is secondary.

That said, being new to the site, perhaps this already exists, but listings of any competitions that you might know of would be a great help. People could submit their own links/details for comps they have come across.

Like I said, this might already exist and I haven't found it, but it would be nice otherwise...
    by Anna Reynolds at 19:59 on 16 April 2003
    thanks for your response!

re. comps; some feature in Jobs and Opportunities section, and soon we will have a complete listing of all, in different categories ie. poetry, short story, film etc, in the Directory.

but I think if someone finds an amazing one, they could always pop it in the Forum here? assuming I haven't already sourced it, though...

thanks again... I like what you say about the constructive criticism. That's absolutely our aim; to get new writers writing, and developing, progressing...
    by Jibunnessa at 14:10 on 17 April 2003
    Hi there.

As you know, at the moment, we can send wwwmail to individuals and also to the whole of our group. What would be nice is if we could also send emails to everyone in our own region. I would love to be email all the London region members suggesting that we meet up for coffee/drink/grub/chinwag. I'm sure all you people in other regions would probably like to do something similar.

What d'ya say people? Like the idea?
    by Account Closed at 14:21 on 17 April 2003
    That would be easy enough to organise right here on the forums, wouldn't it? Create a thread suggesting a meet at a given time and place and check out the interest.

It would also allow people from other parts of the country the opportunity to make the trip, if they happen to be in your neighbourhood for some reason, or don't mind trekking halfway across the country to meet new faces...
    by Jibunnessa at 14:27 on 17 April 2003
    Insane bartender you're not so insane after all. That's a good idea.

The only reason why I think it would be good to have my proposal as well is that everyone that's part of a wwwmail list gets an email alert, and so would know of a proposal to meet up.

So, I think it would be good to have regional wwwmail lists for various reasons and for meeting up purposes, but also for the person making the suggestion to post it to the forum so that (as you say) those from other regions can come too.
    by Account Closed at 14:50 on 17 April 2003
    I see your point, and in that case, perhaps such a thing could be set up for regional chit chat and local what-nots.

And the Insane Bartender name is a carry-over from a long time ago when I used to hang around in Yahoo chat rooms. Long story.
    by Anna Reynolds at 16:35 on 17 April 2003
    is this something our Webmaster can sort? if so, he's away at the moment but as soon as he's back I'll put it to him. Sure he can regionalise things... good idea.