Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

by olebut at 08:42 on 04 September 2003
    I realise that David Bruce commented that the site was suffering server problems but each time I come to use the site now I seem to have to relog in, whereas before I was automatically logged in,

Is anybody else having these problems or is it just me?
  • Re: Log in Is Anybody else having problems
    by Account Closed at 08:45 on 04 September 2003
    No problems here. Something wrong with your cookie settings perhaps?
    by olebut at 09:09 on 04 September 2003
    Insane

not aware I have changed anything and it is only this site that is affected
    by Account Closed at 09:29 on 04 September 2003
    Then indeed we must call upon the "Brewster" to exorcise the demons...
    by Nell at 11:08 on 04 September 2003
    I find that this happens to me sometimes too, especially when sending WW mail. I type the message, click send only to be told that I have to log in first. Luckily the message seems to survive the process, so I don't have to type it all again.
    by david bruce at 11:31 on 04 September 2003
    Brewster here. Olebut - you have auto-login turned off - go to your edit profile page and re-select it.
    There is a problem with mail I think that Nell mentions, which happens when you take more than 20 minutes to write a message. I've been meaning to sort that one out.
    by olebut at 13:01 on 04 September 2003
    Well Brewmaster I think you are worth at least another £5.00 pr year thank you I did not realise that had occured my apologise and thank's
    by Felmagre at 09:58 on 07 September 2003
    Problems may be unrelated but sometimes when trying to edit work the edits have not taken. A couple of times I have simply had to scrub the work and re-load the whole thing. Also the banner headings and forums are not fully visible sometimes, so have to log out and re-log. The back button sometimes throws me off the site on occassions. Not complaining but you asked!
    by bluesky3d at 10:03 on 07 September 2003
    It is possible if you take too long about editing a piece it will log you out automatically.

I have got around this by logging on again with a new window through Explorer, while keeping the old window open or minimised (the one you are editing) that way you won't lose your work. Hope this helps?

Andrew )

<Added>

I understand it is 20 minutes before it knocks you out