Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• New `books` section
    by david bruce at 18:59 on 10 September 2003
    The more observant amongst you will have noticed an extra 'books' tab at the top right of the site. This is a new feature which we will be expanding in the future.

The first section up there is a recommended reading list. Members are welcome to submit their own recommendations with a brief review.

Any books in this section will link through direct to amazon.co.uk and a small percentage of each book bought will contribute to keeping us in tea and biscuits. (;
  • Re: New `books` section
    by olebut at 08:08 on 11 September 2003
    David

that is a good new facility I think you should be able to afford a box of jaffa cakes today I have just visited amazon vi athe link

david

<Added>

would it perhaps be a good marketing ploy for those who have published work to send a copy to Anna for review?, if nothing else she will receive a load of new books and resolve her Christmas present problems.

<Added>

brain not in gear this morning

will you thus transfer our reviews form the forum or do we have to e-mail anna or you with them please?

<Added>

david how about I just log off and vanish for the day I have now seen the link sorry eyes not working very well either this morning
    by Ellenna at 17:10 on 11 September 2003
    Thanks David this is a great addition to the site!

Ellie..
    by Nell at 18:25 on 11 September 2003
    Excellent addition.. And a good idea to solve Anna's Christmas present problems. David (H)- you're full of inspiration!
    by Account Closed at 22:13 on 11 September 2003
    Not wanting to buck my ever-present trend of picking holes in new features, would it not be better to categorise the recommended books into some (very) loose genres, to at least separate "Writing Aids" from standard fiction and such?

To my mind, anything that prevents users from having to flick through what could become reams of recommendations is a must.
    by Anna Reynolds at 19:57 on 13 September 2003
    Good idea IB. And I particularly like the idea of lots of free books for Christmas or otherwise, so we'll get onto this.