Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Intensive Critique reopens for business
    by Manusha at 20:34 on 14 October 2014
    Hi to all the dear folk of WW,

I hope you are all happy and inspired with your writing.

The Intensive Critique Group has been full for a while, despite the max membership number being increased to 35, but there are now spaces available. If anyone would like to take up the opportunity to offer their work for critiques, and to hone their craft of giving critiques in return, they are most welcome to join us. smiley

Kind regards, Andy

<Added>

By the way, the fact that some text is smaller is purely unintentional - it's not that I'm only whispering those bits cos I begrudge saying them! 
  • Re: Intensive Critique reopens for business
    by Catkin at 17:48 on 15 October 2014
    IC is a great group. I have had so many worthwhile critiques there, and have received so much help. If you are looking for a group to join, this is a really good one.
    by Manusha at 19:17 on 16 October 2014
    Why, thank you most kindly, my dear Catkin, *said with a bow and a dandy flourish*.  And may I add that your wonderful stories and thoughtful critiques have in no small part contributed to making IC "a great group"! 
    by funnyvalentine at 17:53 on 19 October 2014
    Yay Andy.  Great news.
    by Manusha at 21:21 on 21 October 2014
    Hi FV, it's lovely to hear from you again. laugh I hope all is well and rosy with you and your writing. 
    by CameronChalk at 15:54 on 01 November 2014
    Hi there, I am interested in offering my books for intensive critique.  These are the first books I have written and have had a mixture of amazing reviews and some damning reviews which have more or less broken my enthusiam! 

I need them critiqued by someone who knows what they are looking for, how do I go about this?

thanks in advance for your help :)
    Cameron
    by BILLINGTON at 11:28 on 30 December 2014
    Dear manusha,

Is IC open for membership, and more importantly, is it active?

I've put up quite a lot on the WW short stories site, and commented on the work of others, but the site seems to be moribund, as far as feedback goes.

Brgds,

Billington.
    by Bunbry at 13:05 on 31 December 2014
    I think I/c is one of the more active groups on the site, but even that is quiet at the moment. 

From where I'm sitting the whole site has gone into terminal decline.  i've got a couple of pet theories as to why that is, but I'm afraid that after many years of membership I'll not be renewing next time.

Nick
    by BILLINGTON at 17:13 on 31 December 2014
    Bunbry,

Thanks for that.  Regretfully, 'terminal decline' seems to sum it up perfectly.

Back to duotrope.

Krgds,

Billington.
    by Freebird at 13:12 on 01 January 2015
    Hi Andy, 
    I'm about to embark on a novel rewrite, so when that's done I'd love to join if there's still space
    by Manusha at 21:11 on 07 January 2015
    Thank you all for commenting on this post. I must admit that because I posted this a while ago I have been rather neglectful and haven't looked in since well before the festive season. My apologies, but in an answer to the general question, yes, there are spaces available in IC and all are most welcome. 

Cameron, I note that you joined IC shortly after this post and thank you. Billington, please excuse my Christmas-fogged memory, but am I right to think you were also a member for while? Dear Freebird, you are most welcome to join us at any time you wish - in fact if the group was already full ten times over, I would still make sure there was enough room for you to spread your wings! 

Regarding the general quietude of the groups, I have a suggestion. In my head it seems it might be helpful (maybe), but whether it has any value in the real world, I don't know. I'll post it in a new thread for your kind consideration. 

Kind regards, Andy
    by BILLINGTON at 09:46 on 08 January 2015
    Hi Manusha,

Thanks for that. I joined Writewords in the hope that it would prove beneficial to writing btechniques, and have taken care to make inputs on any new posts and  for a while it was just that, but the site seems now dead.

I know of one member who will not be renewing .

I would be happy to join IC and give it a try.

Kind regards,

Billington.
    by steveceaton at 13:56 on 20 February 2015
    Hi All, I just joined here. The IC group looks great.. but I can't seem to find it in the "Groups" section?
    by steveceaton at 13:58 on 20 February 2015
    Sorry ignore that!  I just found it. :)