Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• What`s this about Bath, then?
    by Dee at 18:52 on 25 December 2003
    Keep seeing references to going to Bath. Is this a secret code? Should I know about this? Lemme in on the secret...

Dee.

• Re: What`s this about Bath, then?
    by Ellenna at 19:34 on 25 December 2003
    Dee .. last summer quite a few of us met up in Brighton which was great fun..someone suggested, I think it was Olebut, that we next meet in Bath. I just picked up on that in my poem.. perhaps it's snowballing...

Ellie ..
    by Dee at 20:59 on 25 December 2003
    Sounds like a great idea. I’d love to be able to put faces to names but Bath is probably too far away… unless I get a publisher and a stonking advance… Yeah, yeah, dream on!

Maybe we could make it Manchester one time???

Cheers
    Dee.
    by geoffmorris at 21:00 on 25 December 2003
    What's going on here don't you know it's a public holiday!

by Dee at 21:03 on 25 December 2003
    So it is... that must be why we're having fun...

Hope you're enjoying yours too, Geoff.

Dee
  • Alone :(
    by geoffmorris at 21:22 on 25 December 2003
    Have the house to myself, have the flu all to myself too! Still I'm over the worst of it so I manage to eat today and boy did I eat. I cooked duck with all the trimmings.

Not enjoying it at the moment tho. I'm having to brush up on the finer points of Excel for a huge works assignment that just doesn't care it's Christmas. Oh well it's kind of interesting.

I hope your watching Amelie if you haven't already seen it.

Have a good one!

Geoff
    by Dee at 21:28 on 25 December 2003
    Ahhhh.

What you need is a medicinal port and brandy: 2 parts port to one part brandy. It won't cure your flu but I promise you'll feel better.

(please discount the vicious rumours that booze is my answer to all life's little ills)

Dee

by Jumbo at 23:50 on 28 December 2003
    Dee.

You know me - a bit slow and all that - so I'm just off to search through the half empty bottles in the garage. Two parts of port to ..... And before you say anything, yes, I've also had the festive flu (can you catch it over the Internet. Perhaps it's a virus [bad joke in poor taste, methinks]) but I'm almost over it now, and hoping that your port and brandy thingy will clear it up completely.

And a day trip to Manchester,eh? Is that north of the Watford Gap?

Maybe once the hangover has cleared I'll get the old Robin Reliant back on the road and head north.

John

by Dee at 00:10 on 29 December 2003
    Half empty bottles in the garage? You on the meths, John?
    Stick with the port and brandy. It won't clean your paint brushes but, after a few, you won't care.

Manchester is not only north of WG, it's north west... a long trip for a little robin...

Dee

by Jumbo at 00:41 on 29 December 2003
    But it is a reliable little robin

I take it from the early hour that you are now fully recovered from all of your pre-Xmas ailments? I hope so!

John
    by Dee at 08:36 on 29 December 2003
    Morning John,

I was up late last night watching Harrison Ford in Presumed Innocent. Felt fine and was planning to go into Leeds to do that bit of research around Neville Street today but we've both woken up with sore throats and headaches so I'm staying in. I will get there soon - I promise.

Cheers
    Dee
    by olebut at 09:49 on 29 December 2003
    Dee

your prescription is also an excellant remedy for upset stomach an ex boss of mine used to swear by it and fortunatley if you were suffering.

i find hot water rum and black the best remedy for a heavy cold,

but dont try it in a robin it will tip over

take care

david
    by Dee at 09:59 on 29 December 2003
    That sounds nice, David... the rum, I mean... not tipping a robin.

Cheers
    Dee
    by Jumbo at 10:19 on 29 December 2003
    'Tipping a robin'

Now that sounds like a phrase that must have a hidden meaning, as in I've just been out tipping a robin.

Tried searching for it on Google but it only gave me cow tipping and horse tipping, seemingly dangerous practices inflicted on said beasts when they are asleep and standing up (the animal, that is, not the tipper.)

Can't imagine getting that close to poor old robin!

Must mean something!!

John

by Dee at 10:27 on 29 December 2003
    Perhaps we could start a new game - finding definitions for new phrases. Off you go, John...