Login   Sign Up 

• Happy New Year
    by Dee at 08:47 on 01 January 2004
    Morning everyone,

Obviously I don't have-a-life because it's 8.45am Jan 1st and I'm up and I don't have a hangover...

I'd like to wish everyone on WW whatever they want for themselves in 2004. Let's hope this year brings agents and publishers and inspired writing by the bucketload.

(and I wanted to post the first new year topic - sad or what?)

Cheers
    Dee.

• Re: Happy New Year
    by olebut at 09:55 on 01 January 2004
    Dee

you beat me too it

but may I also wish every body a Peacefilled New Year

and I dont have a hang over either in fact no alchol passed my lips watched Jools Holland accomapnied bya cup of Hot chocolate ( equally sad)

take care all

david

<Added>

omitted to say I had double cream topping and a flake in my chocolate :)
    by Account Closed at 10:30 on 01 January 2004
    I second all of that!! A very happy 2004 to all Writeword-ers - may all our dreams come true!!

And I didn't drink either - I was on driving duty this year!! Never mind - I'll make up for it later!!

Lots of love to all

Anne B
    xxx
    by word`s worth at 10:46 on 01 January 2004
    I don't feel too sad then! I slept after midnight (sober) and woke up at 7.30! All our plans for the new year celebrations fell through because of the weather here in Northumberland. Snow, snow and more snow! I had two (okay three) scoops of my Pralines and Cream Hagen Daz ice cream, toasted the new year in with a decaf coffee in my pj's and then headed sleepily off to bed. I figure it's best to start how you mean to go on - with an abundance of delicious ice cream followed by restful sleep ;-).

Happy New Year to One and All!

Laters all x
    by Dee at 11:49 on 01 January 2004
    I thought about you, Wordy, and wondered if you'd make it to the fun. We had snow here too but it didn't stop the fireworks. Are they mad? Or am I missing the gene that makes people think it's a good idea to stand outside in freezing sleet watching fireworks banging and fizzling like the proverbial damp squib. Or maybe I was just missing out on the alcohol. Whatever... it's nice to see a bit more activity. It's been very quiet here this morning...

Dee
    by Sue H at 16:30 on 01 January 2004
    Well I don't have a hangover (up at 7am too!) but I did have alcohol - a bottle (or two) of champagne which was very nice! However, it wasn't all jollity and celebration - all we did was watch Grand Designs and Property Ladder on TV but we did turn over to watch Jools ring in the New Year. Oh it's lively stuff here in London!
    Happy New Year!
    Sue
    by steve at 13:33 on 02 January 2004
    Happy New Year folks, and I was sober as well, due to working and not wanting a beer or five, but I'm days off now and will make up for the lack of sweet, flowing nectar provided by the gods ;o)