Login   Sign Up 

• Language warning
    by Rosalind at 14:51 on 16 May 2003
    I want to post a poem that I don't think would be suitable for under 18s, I notice that some other works have a warning for this. Does this get added to my work by the staffies, or is there someting I have to do?
  • Re: Language warning
    by david bruce at 17:31 on 16 May 2003
    Hi Rosalind
    We're looking into allowing people to provide a content rating for their own work. I'll add a rating for you for now.
    Thanks
    David (the 'staffie')
    by Rosalind at 17:34 on 16 May 2003
    Thanks Staffie.

:P
    by Jibunnessa at 22:44 on 17 May 2003
    Hey David,

Not sure I'd know where to begin... except perhaps just to say there was some swearing if there was. Personally, I think I prefer the way things are at the moment... i.e we put the work up, and then a nice yellow box with a few words is put up at your end.

...or are you going to have check boxes for us to tick (SWEARING [y], SEX [y], etc kind) when uploading?

Well, whatever's easier for you... I'm happy with that.

---Jib
    by olebut at 22:20 on 19 May 2003
    if you have a language filter or some form of restriction on work on the site then that means that you must either require everybody to enter their age when registering so you can prevent those below a certain age accessing that work which may offend because of the langauge or other content or you base it on trust.
    If the later then perhaps a flag is appropriate if the former then much more work for the old administartor and sadly then the danger of those below say 16 haveing to reveal their ages which personally I dont think is advisable.

Equally there are many works with swear words in them freely available on the shelves of bookshops throughout so one may argue why bother with any form of censorship (oops I am sory I said the C word)