Login   Sign Up 

• RTF format
    by Elsie at 21:10 on 21 February 2004
    Can anyone tell me how to load a longer piece as an RTF format? I can't seem to find the button, Or does WW automatically do that over a certain length? Am I being a dumb blonde?
  • Re: RTF format
    by david bruce at 10:08 on 22 February 2004
    Currently RTF is only available for film and theatre work. It's not a length issue, just to allow the preservation of formatting. If a piece is prose or poetry, by and large it should survive reasonably in tact without extra formatting, so we don't offer the option to other styles. In any casr, more people will read your work if it's just plain text, rather than having to open a new file. Hope that helps.
    by olebut at 10:22 on 22 February 2004
    david,

thank you for that I did wonder although some of my poems do have and require a formatted style which precludes me form poesting them on WW as they dont work withoutthe formatting.

david
    by david bruce at 12:19 on 22 February 2004
    david - could you send me an example (david at writewords.org.uk) and I'll look into it.
    Cheers
    David
    by Elsie at 13:03 on 22 February 2004
    Ah, thanks David. I do find though that I have to reformat a chapter each time as I write it with indents, which disappear, so i have to pop in para breaks instead. Not a big problem though.