Login   Sign Up 

• Posting New Work Is there a right time?
    by olebut at 10:16 on 23 February 2004
    I often ponder when or even if to post a new piece of work. My writing seems to come in spurts, I am very productive for a short while and then inspiration leaves me for a period. Sometimes I use that period to polish and refine work that I have done, sometimes I just do something else.

Thus the quandery do I post work when I have it ready or do I space it out on the basis that posting too much together may bore the audience?

Silly really but i wondered how others of you approached this dilema or dont you bother?

I guess also it is more of a problem for we poets and short story writers than those of you who are locked into novels and film scripts.

take care

david
  • Re: Posting New Work Is there a right time?
    by Sue H at 12:18 on 23 February 2004
    About half past three, I find!

Actually, I think it depends on how much feedback you want and how quickly. As you say, it is different for short stories and poems. I would be more inclined, had I a spare moment or two, to read a short story or poem and comment on it, rather than start wading into chapters of novels. Novels seem to require more commitment somehow. With the two day posting rule in place anyway, I would say post and be damned (or hopefully not) whenever you feel a piece is ready.

Sue
  • Re: Posting New Work Is there a right time?
    by Heckyspice at 14:44 on 23 February 2004
    I agree with Sue, just post it.

David