Login   Sign Up 

• Newbie Asking For Advice Please.
    by Pipperhaye at 09:00 on 19 January 2009
    Hi Everyone, just joined Write Words and still finding my way around *S*. Posted a couple of chapters in 'Review' as I really would appreciate comments from other writers, however so far I've been unable to see anything on the main page?????

Any ideas of what I've done wrong?

http://www.writewords.org.uk/archive/22523.asp

Many thanks
  • Re: Newbie Asking For Advice Please.
    by NMott at 12:01 on 19 January 2009
    Hi, Pipperhaye and Welcome to WriteWords.

Not sure what you mean by 'main page'. Work can be uploaded in one of two places, a Group Forum, like Chick-lit, Crime, Childrens, etc, or in the Archive.
    If you click on 'Archive' in the top left hand corner of this page, you'll see your work listed down the right.
    If you click on 'Groups', between 'Archive' and 'Writing Jobs', you'll see all the Writing Group Forums on we have on WriteWords. Have a look around and find one to join. When you click on a Group you will see a line that says 'Click here to join this group'.
    Once you apply to join, you'll have to wait a few hours while your application is pending, then when you go to Owner Edit on your uploaded piece of work, you'll be able to select that group to upload your work into.
    When you upload new work, your old work won't be deleted, but will simply be moved into the Archive.
    Some are groups quieter than others, so it's best to pick a active group, and some are Full. If you want to join one of the Full ones you can either PM the Group Host, or send an email direct to Admin. and ask if space can be made for you.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

- NaomiM
  • Re: Newbie Asking For Advice Please.
    by Pipperhaye at 10:10 on 20 January 2009
    Hi NaomiM - Many thanks for the welcome and instructions. Found the groups, however 'Childrens' are tagged as Full! Any ideas. Thanks