Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• New Novelist Seeks Easy-Going Feedback... or something along those lines...
    by richrowe at 19:10 on 27 January 2009
    Hello would-be reader,

This is my first post on here... I wanted to see what the site is like before signing up for real!

If you could spare a couple of minutes of your time I'd love to get any input...

Like I say in my bio I'm 22 and am a second year creative writing student, this is a first draft from the opening chapter of my novel which I'm currently working on. It's a thriller-come-surrealist novel aimed at teenage/adolescent readers.... please let me know your thoughts.

http://www.writewords.org.uk/archive/22598.asp

Rich.
  • Re: New Novelist Seeks Easy-Going Feedback... or something along those lines...
    by richrowe at 19:13 on 27 January 2009
    I also meant to point out that it was a deliberate decision not to include wave upon wave of characterisation in the opening chapter... I wanted it to be an introduction to the plot outline. The second chapter is a flashback and will include a lot more info on the otherwise unknown narrator....
  • Re: New Novelist Seeks Easy-Going Feedback... or something along those lines...
    by NMott at 19:23 on 27 January 2009
    Hi, richrowe and welcome to WriteWords

I see you've got stuck right in, so I'll just add if you need any help navigating this site, give us a shout.

- NaomiM