Login   Sign Up 

• Introducing my work
    by LizzyVL at 02:32 on 15 March 2009
    Hi,
    I am an interior and furniture designer attempting some writing in my spare time.
    I have written a thriller novel some time back and will be bringing it online on my blog on a day by day basis for free. I have put the first 3 pages online and would like to get some feedback.

I would love to know if my English is up for it (since it’s not my first language) and would love to know if my style of writing and story is compelling to read on.

I can handle constructive criticism quite well, even if it isn’t all that positive so if you can spare the time fire away I will be very grateful.

You can find the novel at the following link: http://www.lizzydesign.org/thriller-novel-infected/

Many thanks and kind regards,
    Lizzy
  • Re: Introducing my work
    by NMott at 12:22 on 15 March 2009
    Hi, Lizzy and welcome to WriteWords

You'll probably find you'll get more feedback if you join on of the WriteWords Group Forums and upload a 2000 word sample of your work there:

http://www.writewords.org.uk/groups/

Alternatively, there ia a site called Authonomy, and another called YouWriteOn, which allow members to upload the first 3 chapters of their novel for comment, although the feedback will be more basic.

If you need any help navigating the site, feel free to ask.

- NaomiM
    by Dee at 17:39 on 15 March 2009
    Hi Lizzy, and welcome.

I've had a brief look at your writing on the link you posted. It has an intriguing start, but still needs a lot of work to polish it up and, yes, it does show that English is not your first language. (to be honest, I think this is not a major problem – you could probably pay someone to sort out the language glitches)

Writing is easy. Writing well takes a great deal of effort. It’s hard work, fascinating, and totally absorbing all at the same time.

I agree with Naomi about posting samples of your work on here and asking for feedback. Also, read the work of other members and give them constructive feedback. You can learn a lot from other writers’ work.

Good luck

Dee

by LizzyVL at 18:24 on 15 March 2009
    Many thanks NaomiM and Dee. Will follow up on your suggestions.
    Many thanks for the feed back.
    Lizzy