Login   Sign Up 

Random Read
NIGHT by JLC

• The Pariah State
    by guavajuice at 20:33 on 03 October 2009
    Hello.

I joined this site earlier in the year, and haven't really engaged with it I suppose. I'm not sure what the etiquette is, but I just thought I'd let people know that I've just set up a blog where I'm going to post chapters from a novel. I'm not sure the format will work, but it's quite fragmented anyway and thought I'd give it a go, seeing as otherwise it'll just nestle inside my computer not doing very much.

The idea I suppose is that if people would like to they can become 'followers' or comment as they see fit. I don't mind what people think, but I guess unless you put it out there you'll never know.

I'm going to post up chapters over the coming weeks. If you'd like to take a look or join up then go to:

www.thepariahstate.blogspot.com

byeeee ...

Jonnie
  • Re: The Pariah State
    by NMott at 22:32 on 03 October 2009
    Hi, Jonnie, good to see you finally taking the plunge to introduce yourself.

I have to say that if you are looking for feedback on your work it is far beter to join one of the WW Group forums and post extracts rather than simply post chapters on a blog, because blogs attract readers who don't have experience critiquing work, rather than writers who do, and most visitors will assume you are simply showcasing the work rather than looking for feedback.

Anyway, all the best with the writing,

NaomiM
  • Re: The Pariah State
    by GaiusCoffey at 22:09 on 04 October 2009
    I had a look at your site and I'd agree with Naomi, better to go to a writing group to get constructive feedback from like-minded individuals for mutual benefit so that you can hone your craft before going public. Blogs are about self-publicity, not about self-improvement.

G