Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Heart of Ice
    by karmastinks at 01:40 on 16 October 2009
    Hi all,
    I have created a trial account, and therefore cannot post anything after this. I hope you read this and enjoy. If not, tell me why, and I will try to improve. This is part of the fist chapter of a book I want to publish. Again, all you constructive criticizers, dig in and tell me exactly how you feel.

I watched him from on top of the old milk crate I usually sat on. I am not a stalker. I am Lidia, and I haave been watching a boy my age with dirty blonde hair for a while. Ever since the days started getting shorter, colder, and worse, as far as I'm concerned.
    Anyways, this time was different. He dumped the garbage into the dumpster and cautiosly walked over to me.
    "Are you stalking me?" he asked.
    "No," I replied flatly, "I'm observing you."
    "Well, could you 'observe' me a little less creepily?" he used air quotes on the word "observe".
    "Well, no. It's just that you catch my interest," I sighed, trying to explain myself.
    "And why is that?" he asked me skeptically.
    "You're wearing shorts and a muscle shirt," I said quietly.
    "your point?" he asked me, looking at himself with his icy, almost electric blue eyes.
    "There's a foot of snow on the ground," I giggled, realizing that he didn't care that it was cold out. He could have even not known.
    "So you see it fit to be sitting here whenever I come outside?" he asked. I noticed he was a big fan of questions.
    "Yes. As I said before, I think that that's interesting."
    "Well cut it out," he sighed, "please?"

I hope you enjoy my writing. If you think it's good, post, please. If you don't like it, post. Just please explain to me what you think. Thank You.

<Added>

I have not extracted this from anything, I copied it from the notebook I have it in. If you want to know more about this piece (and alittle bit about me) you can reach me at jadetaco@hotmail.com
    I know the email sounds a bit odd, but there's a story behind it.
  • Re: Heart of Ice
    by NMott at 08:30 on 16 October 2009
    Hi karmastinks, and welcome to WriteWords.

As a trial member you can join one group and upload one piece of work.
    You'll find the groups here:

http://www.writewords.org.uk/groups/

It's best not to upload extracts in the Topic sections of the groups/forums as Admin is liable to remove it along with any feedback it may have gathered.

If you need any help, just give us a shout.

- NaomiM
    by karmastinks at 21:53 on 16 October 2009
    thanks for the advice, NaomiM.
    I'm not quite sure how I am able to reply to this, but I can. I didn't, in truth, extract my piece from anything. I copied out of the notebook I wrote it in (sorry about all the its, things, and stuffs).
    So I think I'm safe from Admin.

Thanks again!
    by NMott at 22:14 on 16 October 2009
    Hi, sorry, I wasn't clear. WriteWords has a separate facility for uploading work for feedback.
    If you click on your 'My WriteWords' in the top right hand corner of the page, you will see ' Click here to upload new work'.
    In Step 1 select Fiction, and click 'continue'.
    On the next page put in a title, eg, 'Heart of Ice'
    In 'Summary' you can simply ask for feedback.
    Then in the main box copy and paste your extract (or type in a new piece of your writing if oyu wish).
    Then click 'submit' and it will go into the Archive.
    If you join any of the writing Group forums, the piece will automatically be uploaded in the group page.

- NaomiM
    by karmastinks at 22:34 on 16 October 2009
    sound complicated, but I will try
    by NMott at 22:40 on 16 October 2009
    Yes, I'm sorry, it does take a bit of practice.
    I've sent you a WWmail.

- NaomiM
    by karmastinks at 23:23 on 16 October 2009
    Yes, about the other site for writing? I got that. I think I may have accidently deleted it. I am sorry, but can you send the address again?

-Karma(not my real naem, by the way)

<Added>

sorry, I meant name*
    by NMott at 23:32 on 16 October 2009
    Sure, no problem, I'll WWmail it again.