Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

This 26 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2 > >  
  • Re: Altered reality
    by Account Closed at 13:21 on 08 September 2004
    Dee, that is very funny about the sueing thing.

I think it's ok to include real facts in a story if it gives it an edge of authenticity. Apparently Clancy has been in trouble with the FBI a few times for revealing state secrets etc.

I agree that it is safe. Anyone who wanted to make a bomb or kill themselves is going to do it anyway. With all these playstation games and cd roms getting more and more realistic, particularly shoot 'em ups, it is estimated that your in ten years, our average five year olds now will be (latently at least) expert marksmen, pilots etc.

Conspiracy anyone? Are we secretly being trained for a Third World War? An intergalactic war???

JB
    by Account Closed at 13:48 on 08 September 2004
    Tom Clancy got slated for “Sum of All Fears” and its apparent instructions for making an atomic bomb, later he admitted that the instructions weren’t exactly right, but sounded good.

The idea of someone powerful enough to obtain weapon's grade plutonium relying on Tom Clancy novels to build their doom machine is quite possibly the most hilarious thing ever conceived.
    by Account Closed at 13:32 on 09 September 2004
    Why IB? The man worked in deep undercover intelligence for years???

JB
    by nudgy at 13:48 on 09 September 2004
    I passed my favourite number a while back.

Dave
    by Account Closed at 13:50 on 09 September 2004
    *sigh*

The point being that if you have sources that can obtain weapon's grade plutonium, you'll have a lot more thought going into your bomb than a synopsis written by a popular fiction writer. Capíce?
    by Account Closed at 14:00 on 09 September 2004
    IB, it's a conspiracy to make you think that Tom Clancy doesn't know, when in reality he does, but the publishers don't want you to know that, or the CIA, the NSA, the FIA, the FAR, and IMF, that they know you know, but they don't know whether to tell anyone that you know. If you did know, they would, of course, have to kill you, without telling anyone. Then nobody would know, but even if they did know, no one would really know because nobody wants to talk to the FBI. So who knows, there's probably millions of terrorists reading Tom Clancy books and building nuclear bombs.
    I think it's called publicity.

But then again, it's not really parnoia when they're really after you.

Yeah, right! Get real. *IT'S FICTION*

Oh, hang on, I've just got the sudden urge to go on a killing spree. I must have been playing MANHUNT too long. Damn that Brian Cox with his convincing acting voice! Now where's my machette?

Ste
    by Account Closed at 14:09 on 09 September 2004
    Yes, well after watching a Marilyn Manson video the other day, I felt an overwhelming urge to sacrifice some chickens, because everything I see or hear must be re-enacted by me without exception. Probably why I talk like Arnie, and repeatedly kill people in inventive ways while delivering shocking, but mildly amusing one-liners that make a play on words with said victims manner of demise.

The undeniable fact that forcing every member of the population to watch endless repeats of Care Bear and My Little Pony cartoons is possibly the only way of inducing scenes reminiscent of 28 Days Later should be proof enough that we live in a world of unintentional comedy.
    by Account Closed at 14:18 on 09 September 2004
    Stop it IB, you're killing me! No, seriously, stop it YOU ARE KILLING ME!!!

The trouble I've gotten in since playing Grand Theft Auto. The robberies, the smash-ups, the car thefts, the molotov's. I'm Nottingham's Public Enemy No. 1.

Just the other week I drove a stolen Mercedes through Victoria Shopping Centre, killing seventeen shoppers and injuring three-dozen more. What a THRILL it was to crash the car through the entrance of Tesco Express. Smash and grab with three K in notes, I made a mad dash up the steps, knocked over three pensioners and drop kicked a bus driver in the teeth.

I'm halfway through reading The Hunt For Red October, and just you bet I'm going to hijack an Osiris Nuclear Submarine from the port of Dover. Just try and stop me. The question is this: Do I park all the sub's payload of nuclear weapons on one target, or sell each warhead to individual buyers around the globe. So many warheads and so little time.

Ste
    by Account Closed at 14:21 on 09 September 2004
    LOL!
    by Account Closed at 15:13 on 10 September 2004
    Well IB, if you insist on continually taking things on face value...

JB
    by Wynne at 23:07 on 15 November 2004
    At the end of the day I think that you have to go with it, how can we possibly be referred to as 'creative' when we have to take liability for others actions. I say take responsibility for your own actions, and stop putting your own shortcomings on others. Go for it!
  • This 26 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2 > >