Login   Sign Up 

This 142 message thread spans 10 pages:  < <   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9  10 
  • Re: Writing merits alone
    by Account Closed at 11:54 on 13 October 2006
    What? You've never heard the phrase 'he's a bit of an Ernie?'

No. Neither have I. I agree with griff though, I'm a big fan of slapstick when it's done right, and the more absurd the better. I love the Naked Gun films, and of course, Police Squad is just pure brilliance. That literal take on expressions and metaphors will always raise a chuckle from me, like when Lesley Nielsen says 'hold it sister', and a nun appears to hold his drink whatever. And who can forget the Aeroplane movies?

'Doctor, we have to get this man to a hospital.'
    'What is it?'
    'It's a long white building full of sick people, but that's not important right now.'

JB
    by optimist at 12:26 on 13 October 2006
    Stop calling me Shirley!

Sarah
    by eve at 13:20 on 13 October 2006
    "What do you make of this?"
    "Well, I can make a hat, a plane, a pterodactyl..."

The funniest part of any movie ever !!!!
    by Colin-M at 14:46 on 13 October 2006
    The funniest part of any movie ever !!!!

"I'm Brian and so's my wife"

by Account Closed at 15:19 on 13 October 2006

Kip: It's a time machine, Napoleon. We bought it online.
    Napoleon: Yeah, right.
    Kip: It works, Napoleon. You don't even know.
    [Napoleon straps himself into the time machine]
    Kip: So are you ready?
    Napoleon: Yeah, hold on... I forgot to put in the crystals.
    Napoleon(using time machine): Ow! Ow! Ow! It kills! Turn it off! It's a piece of crap and it doesn't work!
    Uncle Rico (sadly): I coulda told you that.

Napoleon: This is pretty much the worst video ever made.
    Kip: Yeah Napoleon, like anyone could ever actually know that.

Grandma: How was school ?
    Napoleon: The worst day of my life, what do you think ?

Deb: What are you drawing?
    Napoleon: A liger.
    Deb: What's a liger?
    Napoleon: It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic.

Napoleon(to his llama): Tina, you fat lard, come get some DINNER!... Tina, eat. Food. Eat the FOOD! Tina, come get some ham.

Napoleon: What are you doing here, Uncle Rico?
    Uncle Rico: Grandma took a little spill at the sand dunes today. Broke her coccyx.

Teacher: Your current event, Napoleon.
    Napoleon(addressing class): Last week, Japanese scientists placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.

by Account Closed at 16:15 on 13 October 2006
    Griff, I love Napoleon Dynamite! I'm listening to the soundtrack at the mo. My friends are disturbed that I find Napoleon (aka Jon Heder) attractive. It's the hair, the voice, the cool retro t-shirts, the drawing skills, the dancing. I could go on.
    by Account Closed at 15:56 on 14 October 2006
    I love Monty Python, but Naked Gun is so funny:

Like a midget at a urinal, I was gonna have to stay on my toes. Like a blind man at an orgy, I was gonna have to feel things out.

Rocco Dillon: Any last words before I throw you off?
    Jane Spencer: Yes. Don't do it.

JB
  • This 142 message thread spans 10 pages:  < <   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9  10