Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

This 78 message thread spans 6 pages:  < <   1   2   3   4  5  6  > >  
  • Re: Spitballing
    by Jumbo at 18:36 on 11 March 2004
    Ani, you've spelt spelin wrong!
    by anisoara at 18:40 on 11 March 2004
    Maybe part of the the the elves' nightly cleaning involves spraying for goblins (sounds cruel) like the guy who comes and sprays the house against termintes and other pests. You know, pest control. Among other things. Except for the goblins are a lot more clever than cockroaches and maybe they assume tricky forms....

<Added>

I see I did! It was the goboins!
    by Dee at 18:42 on 11 March 2004
    Not so sure about that, Ani. Shades of GhostBusters...

ee.
    by Jumbo at 18:46 on 11 March 2004
    If not spraying for goblins ( a strange image just lept into my mind) perhaps they could test for goblin infestation, and then lay goblin traps!
    by word`s worth at 18:55 on 11 March 2004
    Dee and Jumbo

You guys crack me up.

Love ya

Nahed x
    by anisoara at 19:04 on 11 March 2004
    Yeah, I suppose spraying for goblins is Ghostbustery. Maybe the goblins are what the elves are afraid of.
    by Dee at 19:09 on 11 March 2004
    Wotever do you mean Nahed?

Jumblie-babes and I are trying - against the odds, I have to say - to keep this thread at the serious level it deserves.

ee.
    x
    by Jumbo at 19:51 on 11 March 2004
    Ani

I think the goblins are the elves - but their morror images, the negative side of the positive personalities.

Hi wordy, over to you! I have to go out. I'll catch up later to see where you've taken this! (You been to Paris - or is that still comin' up?)

Jumbx
    by Jumbo at 22:27 on 11 March 2004
    Nowhere, I see. Why's this all gone quiet?
    by Dee at 22:32 on 11 March 2004
    The whole place is quiet Jum. Dunno where everyone is...

Dee
    x
    by anisoara at 22:32 on 11 March 2004
    Jumbo --

Yes, that would make sense, for the goblins to be the alter egos of the elves themselves. (I seem to have conquered that 'eleves' thing.) This would really make more sense, wouldn't it?

Okay, so what happens. How do we start. They're in there. Maybe one elf belongs to the one person and the other elf belongs to the second person, and they've buddied up and do their work together. This would explain how people seem to be able to finish each other's sentences when they have been together for a long time. Would explain how things get so humdrum after a while -- because they're sharing their elves.

Ani
    by Jumbo at 22:56 on 11 March 2004
    Perhaps we need a basic plot line, or an opening scenario involving elfish-conflict.

Or a 'what-if' line. What if the elves were trying to do their night-time tidying up and they got it all wrong and start storing our memories in the wrong places.

Is that why I keep going to the fridge when I'm looking for the shoe cleaning stuff?
    by Elspeth at 11:05 on 12 March 2004
    I reckon you guys may be on to something here (well you're certainly on something at any rate)

Love the idea of each person having an elf, and then they buddy up and jump in there together. Think an elf alter-ego might work better than goblins - more interesting and less LOTR.

Jumbo - love the idea that Elves (or rather their absence) are responsible for us being forgetful. But what would happen if your elf couldn't get back to you? Is that how people have nervous breakdowns? If your elf dies (assuming they're mortal in some way) is that how you'd develop Alzheimer's or some such awful illness? Are the elves our sanity?

So they could mess up when they're working together and put a memory in the wrong place or something.

Or they could be manipulating their 'owners' to get them together.

Or one of them (or both) could be trapped outside their home brain and can't get back.

Or their home brain could be under attack/infestation from some sort of beastie?

Or all of the above?!......

K
    by Dee at 12:08 on 12 March 2004
    because they're sharing their elves.

Would this be described as an elflong friendship?

Sorry! OK how about this for a plot idea –

One of the home-brains is having an affair. The resident elf knows but can’t decide whether to tell buddy elf because then the other home-brain would find out. That might lead to the two brains separating which, inevitably, would split up the two elves…

Dee

by Jumbo at 22:22 on 12 March 2004
    So how do we progress this now? Does someone have a go at writing something around this Dee's suggested plot line?

Jumbo
  • This 78 message thread spans 6 pages:  < <   1   2   3   4  5  6  > >