Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• White Slaves.
    by Becca at 06:47 on 05 May 2004
    I just thought I'd quote the following, I came across the site while looking up someone's family tree and was fascinated by it. I felt it could inspire a story.

August 18, 1737. The Pennsylvania Gazette.

'Run away from Edward Williams of Boston, Currier, on the 31st of January last, Jonathan Reed, and Irishman lately come from Dublin, but speaks pretty good English, about 32 years of age, his name is marked with ink on one of his hands, a short well set man, round faced, black beard, round shouldered, his legs leaning a little, wore a blue cloth coat and jacket, brown breeches, and brown wig, but tis supposed he may have changed his clothes; he is a Currier by trade, but can work at he Shoemaker's and Brushmaker's trade. There was in company with him John McCarrol, an attorney at Law. Whoever shall take up said Reed, and him safely convey to his master in Boston, shall have five pounds reward and all reasonable charges paid by Edward Williams. Note: The said Reed sells Playbooks and Pamphlets, and is supposed to be gone towards North Carolina.'
    Becca.