Login   Sign Up 

This 22 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2 
  • Re: Are writers messy?
    by word`s worth at 16:25 on 01 June 2004
    I'm very fortunate in the fact that my closet messiness is kept under control by my wife to be.

That's just like me and hubsand - I think if I had free reign over the study/guestroom/playstation room/doss area it would be covered in paperwork. I keep telling him it's an orderly mess because I know where everything is - and he just goes and ruins it all by clearing up after me! I'd love to have a dedicated room for my writing and painting with a huge big lock on the door...and sound proof! Maybe in the next house?

Nahed
    by James Anthony at 16:49 on 01 June 2004
    terrible! can't organise a thing. Chaos in absolutely everything including my job, when I'll see some paper on the desk and think 'Oh bugger, I should have done that by now' to trying to get time to right (discipline is a problem too it seems). I write when I can, anywhere I can (in fact, last week I had a two day conference and, when I should have been taking notes, I was tapping away on the laptop). I can work in filth and squalor: usually with music or innane tv on in the background with the laptop on my, err, lap and I'll just tap away. I'll end up saving things three or four times under different names, in directories that I can never locate again and then get annoyed that I can't find the last draft.

Terrible in mind, body and EVERYTHING!

I don't think I've had my hair cut for about 3 months (looks like an unkempt version of Bernard Black's), last pair of trousers I bought myself was over 18 months ago, and my tshirts date back to uni days (they were once baggy, now not).

So yes, I am messy. Not sure if I qualify as a writer though
    by Account Closed at 19:18 on 01 June 2004
    I lie about in a sea of books, thesauruses, notebooks, picture clippings, CD roms, half finished chinese meals and scattered pens. That's if I'm writing at home.

If I'm at work, I'm very neat and methodical.

JB

by anisoara at 19:55 on 01 June 2004
    I suppose I am an ingrate, but I hate having someone tidy up after me. I'm rather fond of my mess! (Although, when I clean up myself, I think it's quite nice.) Fortunately for me, my boyfriend is even messier than I am, so he can't really complain. And we help each other find what we've lost -- a little symbiotic cement for the relationship!! ;-)

Ani

<Added>

Well I am a little dimwit. I've posted to this thread twice already and didn't even realise there was an article involved! (I think I might go read it now....)
    by old friend at 11:21 on 02 June 2004
    I have a special room. I think it is the most organised place anyone could wish for; at least I know where everything is, it is an efficient arrangement of essention items maintained at a high level of neatness.

This is how I see my workroom.

A short while ago my son looked in and commented 'What a bloody mess!' So I guess it is all in the eye of the beholder.

Len
    by Account Closed at 21:15 on 02 June 2004
    One man's tidiness, is another man's trash heap then?

I thnk I'm rather scruffy in my own house as an ongoing rebellion against boarding school. Every sunday, officers would come round with a white glove, and any dust above doorways etc. was met with great displeasure and extra chores.

Organized mess...lovely!

JB
    by roovacrag at 11:54 on 06 June 2004
    Hold my hands up and say messy.
    If mum was alive she would comment before me.
    I write lines as they pop into my head. Then forget what i was suppose to say. Around my pc is notes and starts of poems or stories.
    I write better when i am dropping off to sleep. Next morning can't read it.

Getting the brain together. Nead a cleaner lol;0)
  • This 22 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2