Login   Sign Up 

This 31 message thread spans 3 pages:  < <   1  2  3  > >  
  • Re: A notebook full of short stories -- Raymond Carver suggestion
    by Heckyspice at 11:07 on 10 June 2004
    What a great idea, simple and neat. I was keeping a log og opening lines, guess they will have to migrate soon
    by TheGodfather at 01:34 on 22 July 2004
    I got this idea from Raymond Carver's writing actually. I don't write the title until the end. I peruse my story, paying close attention to the key moments hovering around the theme and choose a selection of words from the story. When I'm done with my stories, I already have the title written. I just have to go find it.

TheGodfather
    by fireweed at 16:25 on 23 August 2004
    Hi, this is an amazing idea. I write mainly poetry and think that it might work for that, too. I'm also mad about buying notebooks - I do write in them, but every now and again I get this gut feeling about needing a new notebook. Any interpretations of this desire???

fireweed
    by Dee at 18:16 on 23 August 2004
    It's a symptom of being a writer. I bet you have squillions of pens too?

Dee
    by anisoara at 21:26 on 23 August 2004
    I have all the gel pens, in sparkles and pastels and metallic, so that I can decorate my writing, plus a giant bag under my feet with plain markers, but in about a hundred colours.

Unfortunately, they can lead to avoidant behaviour. You know, when you decorate that last sentence instead of writing the next one.

Ani
    by Dee at 07:44 on 24 August 2004
    I treated myself to a new pen last weekend. It’s in the shape of a sceptre with a winged dragon wrapped around it. I use it at work. No-one – but no-one - would dare steal that off my desk!

by Becca at 09:49 on 24 August 2004
    Dee, where did you find a pen like that, it sounds fantastic.
    Becca.
    by Account Closed at 10:20 on 24 August 2004
    I don't have a pen fetish - honest! And I haven't fallen in love with my sleek LAMY fountain-pen that I bought yesterday either.

http://www.lamy.com

Ste
    by anisoara at 13:45 on 24 August 2004
    I have a beautiful pen that writes in silver and green at the same time.............

Ani
    by Account Closed at 15:29 on 24 August 2004
    At the same time!

I prefer writing with black ink. It has 'something' that appeals to me over writing with blue ink.

Have you seen that new Bic biro that writes gold?

Ste
    by Dee at 18:08 on 24 August 2004
    Becca, I found it in a spooky little shop in Hexham, Northumberland. The sort of shop where the assistant lurks in the shadows at the back, stoned out of his head.

I love the pen but have a worrying tendency to carry it around the warehouse as if I’m about to stab someone through the heart with it… they’re scared of me already so this just adds to their paranoia

Ani, silver and green at the same time? I want one NOW!!!

Ste, ohhh myyy goddd!!! Just checked out the Lamy site and I’m drooling!

Dee

by Becca at 18:21 on 24 August 2004
    Ste, are Lamy pens expensive, I need a new one, I dropped my old favourite and bent the nib, but I only like really fine writing pens, does Lamy have those?
    Dee, having people scared of you at work is weird isn't it, especially if the person is your director as it is in my case.
    Ani, could a pen that did that be a fountain pen?
    Becca.
    by Dee at 18:39 on 24 August 2004
    Becca, you can usually get replacement nib assemblies for fountain pens. But check the Lamy site – they look scrummy.

We don’t have directors where I work. We’re a very large workers co-operative so, despite the fact that I’ve been there for 15 years and regardless of the job I do, I have no official authority over the lazy young tosser who just started last week… of course, he hasn’t cottoned on to that yet so I can still have some fun…

Stop distracting me. I must get back to my haunted house!

Dee

by anisoara at 19:14 on 24 August 2004
    My beautiful pen is made in Japan by the Sakura Colour Products Corporation, and the side reads "The original OUTLINER - Extra Fine Point 0.7mm Silver Metallic Outlining Marker Permanent Opaque" and it has both silver and green ink... It's also available in silver/red and silver/blue.

Ani
    by Becca at 19:30 on 24 August 2004
    Good. I'm owed a birthday present.
    Becca.
  • This 31 message thread spans 3 pages:  < <   1  2  3  > >