Login   Sign Up 

• They’re taking over…
    by Dee at 19:39 on 07 June 2004
    As some of you will know, I’m currently working on a new novel. It’s a ghost story called The Winter House (shameless plug # 158).

This evening, something nasty has happened to Fynn, the main character, which I hadn’t planned, didn’t know about and didn’t expect.

So now I don’t quite know where to take it. I firmly believe in letting the plot drive the story but this is totally off the wall.

I’m waiting for ‘them’ to tell me what happens next before I can carry on writing. This has happened to me before but it’s sooooo weird!

Anyone else have similar experiences?

Dee.
    ()
  • Re: They’re taking over…
    by Account Closed at 20:15 on 07 June 2004
    Hi Dee,

Yes. The main protaganist and victim in my novel suddenly decided to not be a victim anymore, and wrestled with thetragic end I ahd palneed for him. He threw out the plot, and demanded a recount, and thus, the novel I'd planend actually ended up being something completely different!

Damn these characters. Who do they think they are? They come into our imaginations, screaming for existence, and then just start throwing tehri weight around!

JB

<Added>

Bloody typos! I'm a bit hot and bothered today. The air conditioning has broken, and drunks keep coming in the cafe with stupid questions.

JB
  • Re: They’re taking over…
    by Dee at 21:15 on 07 June 2004
    Exactly, James. They just don't know how to read a synopsis!

Dee
    x