Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Reaching An Audience: The Waiting Room!!
    by miffle at 15:10 on 08 June 2004
    A thought: Why not place writing somewhere where people wait?!

OK so, I know it's not a totally original thought i.e. there is a small flier called 'Poets in the Waiting Room' or something similar BUT it doesn't reach all waiting rooms!!!

How much better then i thought for people to put their own work in their local Doctor's, Dentist's etc... After all you never know WHO might be turning up that day for a tooth extraction or a blood test...

This probably won't be an idea that appeals to people who are already widely published (!) but I kind of saw it as a way to give something back to the World (sorry if that sounds slushy!) i.e. If you raise a smile on the face of an old chap in for yet another scan, a worried young mother etc then isn't that partly what writing is all about ?!

I.e. I do think there are places to put poems/ our work that we can find ourselves!

Nikki (aka Miffle)
  • Re: Reaching An Audience: The Waiting Room!!
    by Dee at 16:01 on 08 June 2004
    Nikki,

A group of us in the Halifax area go to our local hospital radio on Saturday mornings and read out our short stories on air. We can either do it live or record the stories in a studio before the show. The presenter keeps the recordings and plays them on the days none of us can get there. It’s great for him because his audience changes so often he can keep playing them over and over again.

Dee

by Dee at 16:01 on 08 June 2004
    Nikki,

A group of us in the Halifax area go to our local hospital radio on Saturday mornings and read out our short stories on air. We can either do it live or record the stories in a studio before the show. The presenter keeps the recordings and plays them on the days none of us can get there. It’s great for him because his audience changes so often he can keep playing them over and over again.

Dee

<Added>

Ooops!
    by Account Closed at 19:58 on 08 June 2004
    what? Over and over again? I bet that gets really wearing on the patients...

JB

<Added>

Just joking of course. I'd love to have a story I'd written read out over the radio.

JB