Login   Sign Up 

• Amazing networking event and workshops for new writers
    by Anna Reynolds at 19:47 on 06 August 2004
    This might be of interest to WriteWorders- look at the list of acclaimed authors, some of whom are running workshops and surgeries. And then there's the networking...

New Writing Types is the first event run by The New Writing Partnership. New Writing Types is a gathering for emerging writers, publishing professionals and others in the literary world and takes place from Wednesday 10 November ­ Sunday 14 November 2004 in Norwich.

New Writing Types comprises The Lab (10-12 November), which is a programme of intensive workshops, followed by The Forum (12-14 November), which is a meeting place for writers, publishers, literary critics, agents and all concerned with writers and writing. The programme of events will establish the East of England as a creative centre of literary excellence and widen access to the pleasures and rewards of writing and literature.

Confirmed Speakers
    Diran Adebayo, Lisa Appignanesi, Peter Ayrton, Julia Bell, Richard Beswick, Malcolm Burgess, John
    Burnside, Jon Cook, Andrew Cowan, Jill Dawson, Peter Florence, Aminatta Forna, Andrew Franklin, Lavinia Greenlaw, Hannah Griffiths, Tim Guest, Philip Hensher, Matthew Hollis, Ray Hollingsworth, Sara Holloway, Rachel Hore, Kathryn Hughes, Naomi Jaffa, Alan Jenkins, Michael Mackmin, Caroline Michel, Esther Morgan, Blake Morrison, Kate Mosse, Henderson Mullen, Martin Newell, Christina Patterson, Simon Prosser, Heather Reyes, John Saddler, Graham Swift, Michael Schmidt, Peter Straus, George Szirtes, D J Taylor, Hugo Williams and more.

More info and full programme at http://www.newwritingpartnership.org.uk
  • Re: Amazing networking event and workshops for new writers
    by Elsie at 20:50 on 06 August 2004
    Anna, sounds interesting but the webpage doesn't seem to work.
    by olebut at 21:03 on 06 August 2004
    Elsie you ar eright it doesn't
    by anisoara at 11:45 on 07 August 2004
    No, it doesn't.

You can get a little bit more information by googling, but no further details on this year's event.

Ani
    by anisoara at 09:40 on 12 September 2004
    Hey, this web site is working now if anyone wants to take a look.

Ani
    by Jardinery at 10:54 on 22 September 2004
    I'm going! lol
    by Jardinery at 09:48 on 27 September 2004
    anyone else going?
    by anisoara at 15:49 on 27 September 2004
    I don't know. I might. I want to. Particularly the lab.

At this point I can afford it (in my relative sense), but I know that I have to make choices about what to spend my cash on - I tend to leap from plush to penury very quickly. Choosing, that's the hard part. Does this make any sense? And I'd need to find a cheap place to stay. Norwich. Surely there's a hostel up there.

Ani
    by Jardinery at 16:18 on 27 September 2004
    Hope you do it looks good - the first fiction course has already filled up.
    by anisoara at 16:25 on 27 September 2004
    It has? Are there going to be more??? Lemme look at my brochure!!!