Login   Sign Up 

• Interview with Crime writer Stieg Larsson
    by NMott at 18:13 on 05 June 2010
    May be of interest to those writing Crime novels.

Last interview with Stieg Larsson, bestselling author of the Millenium trilogy of crime novels before his untimely death.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/authorinterviews/7803012/Stieg-Larsson-the-man-who-created-the-girl.html
  • Re: Interview with Crime writer Stieg Larsson
    by funnyvalentine at 09:15 on 06 June 2010
    Thanks Naomi - I just finished the first book last night. I thought it was quite good - definitely a page turner. Still trying to work out what I liked about it.

The female character was excellent - interestingly the male character (who I feel he based partly on himself) is less so. It got me wondering about whether we (or I) pay more attentiion to the characters who are not parts of us/me. I think because I find them more interesting. If I know there's aspects of me in there I think 'won't bother to flesh it out so much'.

I also once got told my descriptions of India (to where I've never been) were vivid and lifelike and the ones of London (which I know like the back of my hand), were flat. Part of the same thing maybe.

Anyway it's a shame he died and now a big lawsuit, hope his girlfriend gets the money...