Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• I have a research question too....
    by Skippoo at 13:39 on 17 March 2005
    Is there anyone out there who can honestly say that they have never:

(a)sung into the mirror with a hairbrush?

or,

(b)imagined they were being filmed/watched on a TV/cinema screen?

(My next novel is going to be something to do with the whole fame thing).

Cath x
  • Re: I have a research question too....
    by Sue H at 14:21 on 17 March 2005
    I used to pretend I was Debbie Harry and Chrissie Hynde (not both together!).

Shit - that shows my age!!

Sue
    x
    by Skippoo at 14:24 on 17 March 2005
    Cool people to pretend to be, though! I guess my main one would have to be Madonna circa Like a Virgin!

by Sue H at 14:36 on 17 March 2005
    With the little skippy dance I hope!! HEY - maybe that's where you got your name!
    by Davy Skyflyer at 14:40 on 17 March 2005
    There isn't a moment goes by I don't day dream about being "Oop there in t'larts" as the sayin goes...

I'm really really glad there aren't always cameras to follow said daydreams tho, coz it'd be embarrassing.

I remember playing a "gig" in my bedroom when I was 12 pretending to be Donington Monsters of Rock festival...blame my Dad, he had AC/DC albums and a compilation with everyone from Judas Priest to Aerosmith on it. It changed my life tho I guess, by getting me into music properly, so not such a bad thing. I even had the heating on really high, nicked Dad's old leather jacket (nothing underneath, naturally ) and the guitar I couldn't play yet - no air guitar for me!

(Sigh)Iron Maiden were fookin GREAT that night...
    by Sue H at 14:54 on 17 March 2005
    Oh my lord - what an image!!?

Sue
    by Skippoo at 15:10 on 17 March 2005
    Dav, how could any of us resist that image?! Just wish I'd been there with my knicker-throwing pals.....
    by tinyclanger at 15:17 on 17 March 2005
    Yup, tennis racquet guitar, too.....been there, done that...
    x
    tc
    by Davy Skyflyer at 15:32 on 17 March 2005
    Sue, keep that image there, it's gold dust

Skip, if only. Would've made the event complete.

Still, at least I wasn't staging raves in my bedroom...yet!

Thank gawd for psychadelic drugs eh?

Otherwise I might be IN Iron Maiden...that's a good enough reason to legalise everything isn't it?

by JoPo at 23:33 on 17 March 2005
    Ahem, cough ...

I admit to pretending to be Allan Clarke of the Hollies, with harmonica interlude, and then when I got a guitar I switched to Graham nasj (actually, Nash, but the typo looked interesting ... where's Mr nasj from I wonder, sounds like he's from some sort of place Tony Blair could start a war in [just thought I'd try to bring Sir David back from the land of the Lotos Eaters.]).

I'll be leaving you now.

Joe
    by Skippoo at 00:06 on 18 March 2005
    Allan Clarke sounds like a politician?
    Lotus eaters? I'm lost. I reckon Sir D jus needs a mirror and a load of flying kinckers and all will be fine. And I'm gonna shut up now 'cos I've had about 3 bottles of wine and will look like one of those sad WW intruders that comes on to start a row when I'm p*ssed and D. Bruce will censor me and I will look petty and immature and you lot have no idea how carefully I'm trying to spell properly and now I'm gonna shut up and listen to some tennis rackets and Iron Maiden and anyone remember the Nynphs? Bye. xxxxxxx Oh dear. Oh yeah, the Stone Roses are cool. xx
    by Dee at 08:21 on 18 March 2005
    There is sweet music here which softer falls
    Than petals from blown roses on the grass.
    Or night dews on still waters between walls
    Of shadowy granite in a gleaming pass.
    Music that gentlier on the spirit lies
    Than tired eyelids upon tired eyes…

Song of the Lotos Eaters
    by Skippoo at 09:23 on 18 March 2005
    Oh dear. Tired eyelids upon tired eyes is the only bit that makes sense to me at the moment, Dee. Apologies for previous message - St Patrick's Day themed girl's night in at my flat (the three bottles of wine weren't all to myself, by the way)!