Login   Sign Up 

• Defeated Petal’s Army
    by Mox at 12:29 on 05 August 2011
    Hi Everybody,

A couple of days ago, I woke up from sleep and thanked myself that I got such a wonderful dream. I was happy that I found myself in the era of History and calling his name loudly. I know some of you write Historical novels, but I think you won’t be able to relate any relation with her previous life, because I never ever thought about her and I don’t know how it happened.

Dream has always been a mystery to human beings, nobody exactly know why it comes. But it often trouble me, sometimes I become deeply upset whenever I got dreams of unsuccessful love affairs, all happened in history. I talked aboriginal Australians and I visited their home in forest, and could see an interesting insight of their culture.

Okay, I came to the point. I’d like to tell you -- Alexander the great is my favorite, I like him a lot. When I was six or seven I used to portray him -- from the time I came to know about him.

See what happened in my dream:

I was riding on the horse with a greater speed, with a sword in my hand, going to clash with an approaching army (the Army of Petal, the group member of commercial short story). Though I had no vision of any army and neither had I seen Petal, however we knew we have to fight with her army. I was crying Alexander, Alexander, as if I was using my whole power my body. Alexander the great was not anywhere. I clashed with her army, I didn’t when we clashed and where her army came from and how many they were. I was mad; I felt I had a great strength, and I was striking men violently using my spear. I was muscular, well built but short height. I was a Macedonian soldier, I could see my long length shoe, and something brown dress, but I didn’t see helmet but of my mates, more than a dozen they were. At a point I felt I was helpless and I was about to die because there was only one or two mate beside me, we were beneath the shade of a thin tree, and at that time opponents were much in number but then something happened I rotated my spear vertically and found a man on top my spear, I was overjoyed that time. Later I came to know we defeated her Army. Some moments later the same dream transformed into another dream which was unpleasant, and it woke me up.
  • Re: Defeated Petal’s Army
    by Steerpike`s sister at 15:18 on 05 August 2011
    Wow, what a vivid and strange dream! Dreams are certainly very strange indeed.
    by Freebird at 13:25 on 06 August 2011
    SOunds as though you've assimilated some of Leila's work and Petal's username.... have you been spending too much time on WW?

But I agree, dreams are fascinating. I often find that I'm in a dream and I think, "This would make a great story", and then I wake up and realise that it doesn't actually make any sense in the real world!

<Added>

I'm sure Petal would love to have her own personal army at her command!

<Added>

not sure what Freud would have to say about the final part of your dream though
    by Mox at 14:12 on 06 August 2011
    I'm sorry to say I really never read Leila's work. So I've to look what similarities are in her work. Thanks, both of you, for your time to have a look on this absurd thread.

By the way we all have to accept that I'd Alexander the great was indeed extraordinary, because even in my dream his army won. Oh he never lost a battle.
    by Steerpike`s sister at 17:39 on 06 August 2011
    Oh, just that my work in progress has some reference to Alexander the Great (he is dead in my book though). I agree he is an extraordinary character!
    by EmmaD at 19:18 on 06 August 2011
    Amazing the things which come into our heads! Wonderful stuff.

Emma
    by Freebird at 23:08 on 07 August 2011
    Well, last night I dreamt that I was with 3 other WW-ers in front of a panel of about fifty publishers, and we all had to pitch our book to them.

I got told off for laughing, cut off after five minutes and my agent told me it was a 'lame effort'!

Lol - overactive imagination, I think...

by Mox at 15:09 on 09 August 2011
    Freebird, you can make your dream happen if you practice imagining process. Well you may have read Norman Vincent Peale's books.
    by Freebird at 17:09 on 09 August 2011
    Noooooo, I don't want it to happen like that! It was horrible...