Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

This 85 message thread spans 6 pages:  < <   1   2   3   4   5  6 > >  
  • Re: Calling Tinyclanger!
    by word`s worth at 23:23 on 15 December 2003
    Alrighty then Jumbo, I will try to upload some of my work in the next couple of days I have my sister and her daughter coming to stay from Wednesday so I'll try my best to do it! Thanks for your support and urging on. At the moment I seem to be in stuck in the marshes of self doubt and I suppose by doing this (uploading my work) it might help me to struggle my way through and out.

My pillow beckons me...so I shall bid you a very good night and speak (type) to you soon! Sweet dreams!
    by Dee at 09:01 on 16 December 2003
    Good grief! I leave you alone for a day or two and come back to findyou're all out of control and talking about handles and getting pulled.
    TC - I'm prostrate on the sofa with your plague. Knew I shouldn't have let you drink out of my glass.
    Jumbo - welcome to the quest.Are you anywhere near Elterwater? Got a spade? Go give Richard a hand... there's agood fellow.
    Wordy - I was going to say get out now while you're mind is still intact but Isee from your recentpostings it's too late for that.
    Richard - you can pull anything you like so long as you buy the beer.

Right. I'm going to get my head down again until it clears.
    Cheers
    Dee.

<Added>

Damn! posted instead of previewed. Sorry about the joined up writing... think I've got toast crumbs under my space bar...
    by tinyclanger at 12:26 on 16 December 2003
    Wordy dearest, there's no hope, you'll have too fork out the full membership -
    you are lost. You gave it away when you said that you thought you'd "fallen in with a good crowd".
    Hopeless case, my friend! Your judgement is fatally impaired and you can never be let out into the real world again.
    Nothing for it but to plant yer flag, no not in Jumbo's cuddly bits, find a nice bit of Elterwater ground that's not currently
    containing someone famous but a bit decomposed...and throw in yet lot with we few, we happy few...we band of brothers...(that's got a nice ring to it, eh? Better remember that one).
    (WW is great! You'll get instructive comments from talented people. join a Group or two - Poetry 2 and 3 are looking for new members I think, as some of ours seem to be, well if not exactly pushihg up the Elterwater daisies, certainly contributing to the humus rather effectively..)

Oh, Dee I am so sorry to have lurgiefied you..but you know, I THOUGHT my measures were short, so maybe that'll teach you not to imbibe from others underflowing cups.

Respec' Richard and Jumbo, hows it hangin' ma homies? You ready for the bigged up ol'bashment that approaches? Bwoys, you is two blingin' gangstas, wha'gwan?
    (clears throat)

So have we decided to let sleeping corpses lie then, only I was a big startled when someone mentioned bringing a shovel...?
    I mean, I would LOVE to know who exactly is "ridin that sky", but I do draw the line at DIY exhumation - even if Amanda Burton is with you, I'd have second thoughts..and after all, if he did not die, he's not going to be there, is he?
    Anyone thought of that?! No, thought not!
    Back to the Britannia for more discussions and liquid refreshment methinks. Cor, beers dead cheap up ere innit? A body could easily over-indulge...and still have change enough to pay off the mortgage.
    by word`s worth at 19:48 on 16 December 2003
    Hmmm..so I uploaded some work and I clicked on the button that allows only me to view the work ( I wanted to check what it looked like before others got the chance to see it). It said on the button that option can be changed later. So then when I came to edit it - function not allowed to part members..become a full member to edit, or to change who can view it. You can delete it but you can't upload another item. Right. Well, at least I tried. Bit peed off really, because if I had known, or if it had said that this option is not available to part members then I would've just clicked on 'all view'. Maybe it did say and I didn't notice it. If anyone has any suggestions...
    by Dee at 19:54 on 16 December 2003
    You could send a WWmail to David Bruce, the Webmaster. He might be able to retreive it for you.

Dee.
    by word`s worth at 20:07 on 16 December 2003
    Thanks Dee. Will try that.
    by tinyclanger at 22:30 on 16 December 2003
    Don't give up Wordy! Contacting david is a good idea. One thing though, when you select who can see your work, probably best to say WW members only, if you get that option, rather than everyone, even non-members.
    This means that if you enter any of your stuff for competitions, or for publishing, it cannot be classed as having already been published. Lots of comps & publishers wan't first publication rights and there seems to be some dispute about sites like WW -
    whether they count or not. If you put stuff just for WW members, then it has just been shown to 'club members' and therefore you are OK on the 'never ben published' clause. Allegedly. I know it's a long shot that a publisher would find out, but apparently some do check
    by word`s worth at 23:01 on 16 December 2003
    Hi Tiny.

I sent the email to David, so just waiting for a reply now.

It's funny you should mention this thing about posting your work on websites and the already being published issue...(by the way thanks for making sure I just allow WW members to view, that was what I was going to click on after I viewed it myself LOL...but never got the chance!). I must say the thought did cross my mind that there may be an issue in the future about the work being viewed already. Then I thought, this is a work in progress not a completed novel by half so what I post here now might result in a complete rewrite when its a completed novel. I don't know...maybe it's best I don't upload this work because it's a novel I will definitely want to submit sometime in the future.

Oh decisions, decisions! Maybe I should just upload my poems of teenage angst and shaking of fist against society, world, parents etc. At least I know for sure that I'd never want them published LOL
    by Dee at 09:20 on 17 December 2003
    Hi Nahed,
    This is something that worries most new writers. I think we should switch this discussion to a new thread so others can join in. What do you think? And how about you TC?

Dee.

<Added>

ps - would you like to start one, Nahed? Or should I?
    by word`s worth at 10:25 on 18 December 2003
    Hi Dee,

Sorry I didn't get back to you about this. My sister arrived yesterday and everything (writing/access to computer) has come to a grinding halt. I'm sneaking this in while I'm at work, so have to be quick.

Please do go ahead and start a new thread. I'd love to know what other writers feel/think about this. What are the guidelines (if any)/consequences of posting work that hasn't been published/submitted yet?

Still haven't heard from David Bruce. I'll take it as a no then LOL. Well, maybe it's for the best???(!) Will look out for the thread and try to participate when I get the chance.

In the meantime, I hope everybody has a very Merry Christmas and I hope the New Year 2004! will bring peace to mankind and acceptance letters from agents/publishers to writers everywhere! :-D
  • This 85 message thread spans 6 pages:  < <   1   2   3   4   5  6 > >