Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Great opportunities for ghost story writers- and radio writers
    by Anna Reynolds at 12:35 on 08 March 2004
    If you're interested in writing for radio, then check out two great opportunities that have just come in- a really great value course starting this Wednesday- and a call for ghost stories between 5 and 10 mins long. From Writewords member Olebut. Have a look in Jobs and Opportunities.
  • Re: Great opportunities for ghost story writers- and radio writers
    by olebut at 07:51 on 09 March 2004
    Thank you Anna for posting this. It really is a very good opportunity for those of you who wish to have a go at writing a ghost story to have it broadcast.

I am sorry we are unable to reward you other than by broadcasting your work, but as some of you no doubt already know, most of us who run the station do so for no financial reward.

Community radio is growing within the country and those that already exist all have different styles, but if you have a community or even hospital radio in your area it is worth getting involved if only on a casual basis, as certainly those which have similar programmes styles to ours will welcome new programme makers and new previously unheard of material.

we run courses on all aspects of broadcasting these are usually free or at low cost to the attendee and are good fun as well as informative.

I look forward to being inundated with contributions, oh yes I nearly forgot we have one of the excellant local am/dram groups on hand to put life into your ghosts on air so it wont just be me relating your tale.

thank you all again and come on lets meet those ghosts.

dvaid
    by anisoara at 17:42 on 09 March 2004
    Well this is exactly what I need for my ghost story! I'm still waiting for my boyfriend, the Cornish dialect expert, to go through Alice's hashed Cornish twang, but then I can send it in!

If we have a story accepted, will we be able to hear it if we do not live in the region? I do live in Cornwall, in Falmouth to be specific, but I do not know if I get this on the radio here....

Ani

Ani

<Added>

Me and my clone.....
    by olebut at 18:06 on 09 March 2004
    ani

thanks

general info you can listen to us on the web on

www.fodradio.org ( sorry ani gave you the old addy)

If you have the facility to record your story on minidisc ( especially if it is in dialect we only do forest) that is great but please also include a hard copy.

i will devise a method with Anna Reynolds agreement to advise members on here when we start the programmes, times and dates etc and where possible whose story will be broadcast when

thank you
    david

by anisoara at 18:14 on 09 March 2004
    David -

Thanks for the information.

Ani
    by olebut at 09:16 on 11 March 2004
    Thank you to all those who have contacted me already I hope that everybody here has a go at this, partly because I need at least 520 (52 x 10 minute spots) minutes of stories for the next 12 months.

I should mention that whilst we have obviously invited all local writing groups and writers to contribute WRITE WORDS is the only site / group outside the Forest who have been given the opportunity to become involved

thank you all

david
    by olebut at 23:11 on 25 March 2004
    Thank you to the Hants member who has sent in a story ( wont publish your name as you did not put up your WW name) and to the other members who have promised stories.

Dont forget Ghost stories in the broadest form really anything that will terrify and mystify

I have also received a number from local writers so it looks as if there is a good deal of interest

thanks again and I will keep you posted

david
    by olebut at 09:04 on 02 April 2004
    I have to date had a good response form both local writers and WRITE WORDS members but I have an insatiable appetite for these stories especially if the programme is to run for a decent legth of time so this is a gentle reminder to all of those of you who have not yet got the pen out and started your epic tale

to those of you who have thank you

I will let everybody know when the programmes are to go out and remind you all of the frequencies and internet route so you can all listen in

thanks again

keep writing

david
    by olebut at 07:46 on 28 April 2004
    I thought I would bring this forum topic to the top again, partly as we have had an influx of new members on WW who may wish to contribute and partly to update everybody else

I have now received 15 stories with another 5 or so promised so it is almost make my mind up time. I need 26 stories to make the programme viable so come on all you budding novelists and short story writers who haven't so far commited to submitting a story.

It really is a great opportunity to get at least one piece of your work broadcast, if you have already submitted a story don't be shy about submitting further stories as the programme can run for as long as I can find stories to fill it.

I should also point out that this is a special opportunity for writers on Write Words, as the only other promotion for this programme has been contained within the Forest of Dean

submit stories to

David Holmes
    FOD Radio
    1 Beresford Court
    Cinderford
    GL14 2TS

thanks and get writing people
    by dryyzz at 08:00 on 28 April 2004
    David,

My story is nearly completed. I'll need about a week to do my final editing and submit it to you.

Darryl
    by olebut at 08:12 on 28 April 2004
    Darryl

no problem I have to ensure I can sustain the programme before I put it into the schedules as it is a new spot and will require a little tweaking of the timings.

take care anyway, if you can manage a trip to cinderford or in the not too distant future Lydney you could record your own story if you wished.

let me know as and when

take care

david