Login   Sign Up 

This 19 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2 
  • Re: Robin Wade agency
    by Account Closed at 21:43 on 29 March 2004
    Touche Katie, but I wouldnt worry. I had you down as one of the good guys
    by Davy Skyflyer at 13:47 on 30 March 2004
    This thread makes me think one thing:

What a disgraceful attitude for a nobody...

Just coz you write, doesn't make you anywhere near a professional. Like in all trades, that accolade comes from ATTITUDE. If I was Katie, or any other agent reading this tripe, I'd be immensly offended by Traveller's arrogance...

Then maybe it just goes to show, perhaps, that to be an agent you have to show some of the qualities that make the average human being bearable; humility, intelligence and patience. Unlike some of the lame arsed writers that think they've written the next masterpiece, and agents are just parasites waiting to feed off their genius. How arrogant does that make you?

We all think we've written the next masterpiece, just like everyone who's in a band think they should be the next big thing.
    It's just that some can't stomach the rejection and inevitable home truths that come with it. And this guy Robin Wade didn't even reject it, he just offered some good natured advice.

I don't care what insults get flung at me - I think some people should just sort their attitudes out on this site.

Regards

Dav
    by Traveller at 23:27 on 30 March 2004
    I wish people would spend more time critiquing each others work instead of hitting on threads like this - 459 hits on this - and hardly any hits on pieces - perhaps there should be a policy on this site where each member must crit a work at least once a month to stay in..only a suggestion..
    by Account Closed at 17:20 on 31 March 2004
    The mix of attitudes on here is what makes it so interesting, in my humble opinion, and as a writer, you should always believe in yourself.

When most writers have a dig at agents, I take this to be part and parcel of the feeling of frustration taht is generated by wanting to be published.
    Just like the divorcee slags off lawyers (who provide valuable assistance) or a worker who is catching the bus to work because their car is STILL in the garage has a pop at mechanics. It's just the way it is.

I don't hate agents. Many of them have helped me with honest appraisals of my work, and some have even encouraged me and made me persist in my efforts to be published. But occasionally, I will bitch, when I am frustrated, because, well, because it helps me vent the feeling.

But always believe in your writing if you take yourself seriously. If you don't, who will?

• This 19 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2