Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Writewords member on the radio!
    by Anna Reynolds at 20:22 on 20 March 2004
    Just to let you know- WriteWords member Jacqui is having her poem, 'Motherhood', read on LBC Radio tomorrow morning (Mother's Day) between 11.30- 12, so if you get a chance, have a listen! LBC found Jacqui and her work through the site, so....
  • Re: Writewords member on the radio!
    by anisoara at 20:42 on 20 March 2004
    Congratulations Jacqui!

Is LBC a London station? I'm wondering because I'm in Cornwall.... Anyone here smart about radios? (Olebut comes to mind.)

Ani
    by geoffmorris at 23:01 on 20 March 2004
    Anne,

You can listen to it on the web just go to www.lbc.co.uk or I think you can get it through one of the sky channels too, check out the site for more details.

It's a bloody great little radio station, I listen it all day long.

Geoff
    by Tez at 23:46 on 20 March 2004
    Well done Jacqui!!!! That's great. It's also gret that they found it through this site too.

Congrtulations

Tez
    by olebut at 09:39 on 21 March 2004
    Jacqui

congratulations are you reading the poem yourself or is somebody esle reading it?

most radio stations can now have web sites which allow you to listen to programmes.

anyway great for you well done

David
    by Jacqui Whittingham at 10:27 on 21 March 2004
    Hi David and everyone else posting good wishes.

Many thanks for your support and thoughts.
    Yes sadly I am reading this myself (eek!).

I was absolutely staggered when I received the e-mail asking me to do this - I can only think that the poem was selected because it is quite short and the topic is appropriate for today! Whatever the reason I'm grateful for the opportunity that has come through being a member of Writewords - must publish more!

Good luck to all
    Jacqui
    by Jacqui Whittingham at 12:16 on 21 March 2004
    Dear Anna and all who tried to listen...

As you heard - it didn't happen! Time ran out and they couldn't fit me in! There I was sitting patiently by the phone, poem in hand, glass of water at the ready along with all my friends and family from 11.30a.m. onwards and a big fat nothing!
    Oh well it was nice to be asked...!

Thanks again to those that did tune in.

Jacqui
    by Anna Reynolds at 12:53 on 21 March 2004
    Jacqui- what a shame, but you still got picked- that's a great accolade. Keep on keeping on!
    by Jubbly at 15:59 on 21 March 2004
    Nevermind Jacquie, congrats anyway and I'm sure there'll be another opportunity really soon.

Best

Julie
    by olebut at 22:06 on 22 March 2004
    In the hope that this helps but also to give

Forest of Dean Radio a plug

there are a number of other community Radio stations around 14 in all in addition to ours. Some broadcast music all the time but a few such as ours try to broadcast minimum music and more speech orientated programmes and I guess like us they are always looking for good dramas, short stories and poetry to broadcats and writers to interview and peopel to learn broadcasting skills ( the last bit means getting invovled)

Whilst by default community radio is about the local community it does not prevent people form outside the catchment area submitting work,

As you know I have appealed for Ghost/ Horror stories for a new programme slot I am introducing and submissions from far and wide are very much appreciated however I am certain other radio stations such as ours would also welcome submissions especially if you are local and you may well get the opportunity to broadcast your own story/ or whatever you certainly would with us. So go out and see if you have a Local Community Radio station ( these are not commercial stations but were set up under the goverenments pilot initative) if you have one it is certainly worth getting in touch with them and offering submissions.

I will try and get a link which highlights all the Community stations and there location and post it on here

however if you wish to listen to the best rural commmunity station in the UK

you can listen to Forest of Dean radio on

www.fodradio.org

I made sure none of the pictures were of me so dont waste your time looking ( we are the only rural community radio station in the UK )
    hope this helps

david
    by olebut at 23:06 on 25 March 2004
    I have put up a list of all community radio staions on the forum but Anna is porposing to move it to the directory which is great as it wil stay up permananetly