Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Getting Published...
    by Nell at 15:15 on 26 March 2004
    Apparently Maxine Carr is on page fifty of a book she's writing, and the publishers are interested. I won't be buying a copy.

<Added>

I read that in Writers' Forum, but I've just Googled and discovered that Blake won't touch her. URL below.

Blake
  • Re: Getting Published...
    by Grinder at 15:24 on 26 March 2004
    Once again, it’s a case of who you know.

I agree, I won’t be buying a copy.

Grinder
    by Sue H at 15:39 on 26 March 2004
    The awful thing is that so many people will buy it. Shocking!
    Sue
    by olebut at 17:26 on 26 March 2004
    If there was any true morality in the world the book shops would refuse to stock it as should the other outlets. The Printers refuse to print it the distrubution companies refuse to distribute it and the papers refuse to serialise it

But they wont because money talks and all the people who feigned shock, repulsion and horror at the murder of Jessica and Holly will rush off with their £9.99 or whatever and no doubt hurtle it into the best sellers.

I shan't buy it and hope that everybody concerned with it has the biggest flop ever on their hands but they wont
    by Dee at 17:48 on 26 March 2004
    Isn’t there some law to prevent convicted criminals profiting from their crimes? I know she didn’t actually murder the girls but she was party to the aftermath and deliberately gave false evidence which delayed the result of the investigation. I don’t see how she can write a book without mentioning that little cruelty.

I heard on the news this afternoon that she has been charged with several other offences including falsifying records to enable her to get a job at the school.

Hopefully Holly and Jessica’s parents will be able to take out an injunction preventing publication if this book ever goes ahead.

I certainly wouldn’t consider reading it.

Dee

by Account Closed at 16:15 on 29 March 2004
    I'd read about it out of grim fascination, but not from the horse's mouth. This is an ethical and a moral issue, and personally, I don't think twisted little minds like these should get any profit from their crimes.

For her to even attempt to make money is sickening. I won't buy a copy, or even touch one. I think she knows a lot more than what she's letting on. I don't like her eyes. They are too freaky.