Login   Sign Up 

Random Read

• Getting an agent
    by Rog at 19:28 on 20 July 2003
    Does anybody have any experience of what to do if, after an initial synopsis & letter of approach, two agents ask to see your 330 page manuscript?

One has asked to confirm that, as promised, the placing of the MS will be exclusive.

What is the protocol? How long does one give? Is any further qualification/commitment required? My "how to get published" book is vague on this, suggesting each gets 6 weeks (which seems ages).

Hints & tips welcome.

• Re: Getting an agent
    by Shadowgirl at 20:41 on 20 July 2003
    Hi Rog!

Well, ever helpful, I have no idea, sorry (although will be interested in hearing the answer). But I did want to wish you good luck - be keeping my fingers crossed for you. Do keep us updated and we look forward to your success!!

Best wishes
    Carole
    by tweed at 21:52 on 20 July 2003
    Personally I'd go with it. To have two agents interested is no bad thing and six weeks is nothing. Play the game.
    by Nell at 14:13 on 21 July 2003
    Rog - you lucky so and so! Two agents! Six weeks is nothing, but I suppose you'll just have to submit the whole thing to one at a time and the other will have to (hopefully) wait. Fingers (and toes) all crossed for you.
    by Anna Reynolds at 20:21 on 21 July 2003
    Rog- check the directory here for more specifics on each agency and their timings, or ask them. Our experience is that 3 months is not unusual. Let's face it, you want them to really consider your work properly and 330 pages is not inconsiderable. And these people are generally snowed under! Good luck and let us know how you get on- add your comments to the directory as and when you have them. (See left hand side of Home page.)