Login   Sign Up 

• Heard of Solidus Press?
    by riotous at 11:31 on 11 September 2003
    In the recent South West Arts newsletter is a list of books published by a new 'literary press' - Solidus Press.http://www.soliduspress.com/index.html.
    Looks like a POD publisher. anyone know anything about them? Jai
  • Re: Heard of Solidus Press?
    by Account Closed at 11:50 on 11 September 2003
    Literary as in written, or literary is in opposed to non-literary?

If it's the latter, I should dismiss them without thought.
    by Nell at 12:50 on 11 September 2003
    The first line of text on the site:

'Solidus is a new publishing house using the latest technology...'

Definitely POD I'd say!
    by Account Closed at 20:29 on 13 September 2003
    Hiya - I have to say I think Print On Demand technology is a very good idea, and, to be honest, I don't have a big problem with it. What I do have a huge problem with is vanity or subsidiary publishers who take money for nothing. As far as I can see the two ideas are very different - there are one or two POD publishers who are non-subsidy who are well worth checking out, and, in addition, it's one of the options available for self-publishing these days. More power to our writing/publishing elbows is what I say!

Anne B
    by olebut at 09:09 on 14 September 2003
    Ido know a little about this comapany as they are located about 20 miles form where I live. My experience is limited to a local author who was featured in the local paper as they were procliaming that their latest offering had been published by Solidus. Oddly enough whilst I knew where they were approximatley located I have been up to today unable to get a full address or telephone number for them. I recall that it is a very small company I think in essence one person, ( if my memeory form the articles is correct). That of course doesnt stop them being any good and they do feature on Amazon which is a start.

Yes they are a POD company

if I find out anymore I will post it

David
    by Anna Reynolds at 12:54 on 16 September 2003
    ... and as always, if you have any dealings with them, let us know! and we'll feed it into the Directory. We're just about to do an interview with them so that will give you all more insight.