Login   Sign Up 

This 17 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2 
  • Re: I realise readers of this article will think I`m wrong to complain about my lot, but it`s not really my lot that I`m concerned with here: it`s the business of publicising a novel, and of what it is to be a writer these days.
    by Bunbry at 12:36 on 29 July 2013
    I challenge you all to find me an example of an author...who does not have lots of information about and photos of himself or herself all over the internet.

Having a photograph of yourself on the internet is not the same as having no private life. My local mayor, the local police, the dentist etc all have there photographs on the internet and are regularly in the papers because of the job they do which has nothing to do with their private lives being exposed or 'celebrity culture' (whatever that phrase is supposed to mean).

Anakana Schofield did not refuse to be interviewed and presumably was happy to have her photograp taken. She rightly doesn't answer questions shedoesn't want to. But boy oh boy, I bet she wants publicity!

Emma is right, there are pitfalls ahead but that is life. We all have responsibilities and decisions to make. The difference is, most folk just get on with it quietly, accepting that's what being an adult involves.
  • Re: I realise readers of this article will think I`m wrong to complain about my lot, but it`s not really my lot that I`m concerned with here: it`s the business of publicising a novel, and of what it is to be a writer these days.
    by Account Closed at 11:53 on 31 July 2013
  • This 17 message thread spans 2 pages:  < <   1  2