Login   Sign Up 

• New writing magazine
    by dkapsali at 22:29 on 24 October 2003
    Hi everyone.
    I'm starting a new online magazine, called 'This is it' http://www.thisisitmag.co.uk, the purpose of which is to showcase new talent (as well as entertain the visitors). The site is up now, but its blank pages taunt me, and I can't just put my own work on there! If anyone would like to take part, please go ahead and submit some work to editor@thisisitmag.co.uk (check the site under 'contact/submit' for submission guidelines). Short stories, poetry, novel extracts, biography, articles, reviews - all material will be considered. I'm working hard on publicity, so fingers crossed, it will all work out brilliantly and we'll all be famous! I'm aiming to put the first issue out within a couple of weeks, so hurry!

Daphne
  • Re: New writing magazine
    by Ticonderoga at 23:33 on 24 October 2003

Daphne,

I've uploaded several poems, which I'm feeling more courageous about as a result of having joined this site; if any take your fancy, let me know, and feel free to use......I wish!

Best,

Mike

by Dee at 10:03 on 25 October 2003
    Hi Daphne,

Great idea. The site looks promising and I'll think about submitting some work.

Just one thing I can't resist pointing out - in the paragraph on proofreading submissions carefully, the word 'length' is mis-spelled...

Good luck.
    Dee.
    by dkapsali at 20:46 on 25 October 2003
    Thanks Mike, I'll have a look -have been at work all done so I haven't had a chance yet.

Daphne
    by dkapsali at 20:47 on 25 October 2003
    Dee: Practice what you preach, eh? That's so ironic (not to mention a little embarrasing!). Thanks for pointing it out! And for your interest.

Daphne
    by Dee at 21:06 on 25 October 2003
    Any time! Don't mention it...
    Dee
    by old friend at 20:33 on 27 October 2003
    Hi,
    Who are those bare-all people on your site, all wrapped up in their paper words?

A serious question... Why would anyone wish to start up a site such as this? I really do not know the answer - or there may well be a number of reasons - but I am puzzled.

Len
    by dkapsali at 20:17 on 03 November 2003
    Hi Len.

I, in turn, am I little puzzled by your question - what is it you want to know?

My idea was -is- to start an online magazine to showcase new writers' and artists' work. Ideally, I'd do it in print but I can't afford that, being a writer and a student, so a web-based magazine is the next best thing.

My question then is, why not?

Daphne